Chapter Four

The next day at school I headed straight for my locker instead of looking for Austin. I was still pissed about yesterday, so until I get over it, best thing I can do is ignore him.

As i'm gathering my needed materials, the devil himself comes walking up to me.

"Ella, can we talk, please?" He asked.

"No," I answered simply.

"Why not? Come on, you know i'm sorry," he pleaded.

I slammed my locker shut and turned to him. "Sorry's not good enough anymore." I walked off and left him there to go find Tyler. I found him with his friends.

"Hey, babe," he said to me when I walked up to him.

"Hi," I replied.

"What's wrong? You look upset."

"Oh, i'm fine. I just ran into Austin, but i'm fine," I faked a smile.

"Good." He turned back to his friends and pretty much ignored my presence until the bell to go to class rang. "I'll walk you?" He asked.

"No. It's fine, i'll walk myself," I said irritatedly.

"I'll get us a table for lunch," he yelled after me, but I ignored him. He was probably just going to invite all his friends to sit with us, so I didn't get my hopes up of spending lunch alone with him.

***

School dragged on, but I was finally home. Usually, i'd go to Austin's after school, but since he's being an ass I just came straight here.

I was working on homework, just to get it out of the way when none other than Austin himself called me. I let out a small groan before answering.

"What?"

"Ella, come on, can we stop this?" He pleaded.

"You're the one that started this. You always do," I said.

"I know, but you know how I feel about him."

"I don't care, Austin. You know how I feel about you always dissing him," I fired back.

"If you're looking for an apology on what I said, you're not getting it," he pointed out.

"You know what, you're really shitty at making up with someone."

"Look, i'll say what i've said before. I'm not sorry about what I said because it's true to me, but I am sorry that I hurt you," he said.

"I really don't want to have this conversation right now, okay?"

"El-"

I ended the call and set my phone down beside me. He called again but I ignored it as I finished up the last little bit of my homework.

I decided i'd watch a movie to try and get my mind off things, so I took my laptop out and searched Netflix until I found one worth watching. About halfway through it, there was a knock on my door. Thinking it had to be either my mom or brother, I told them to come in. Lucky for me, it was the last person I wanted to see at the moment.

I sighed loudly. "Why won't you leave me alone?"

"What kind of best friend would I be if I just sat around and let you be mad at me? Plus, I come bearing gifts," he smiled.

He pulled a small bouquet of my favorite flowers & my favorite candy bar from behind his back.

"Seriously?" I fought a smile.

"What? I thought girls liked flowers and chocolate?"

"Yeah, the cliché type who also enjoy long walks on the beach," I joked, with a hint of attitude of course.