Part 32

KEITH'S POV

     When we got to a safe place, we stayed quiet in the alley way to avoid trouble. We all sat next to each other and sighed. 

   "I'm so sick of this," I say. "I'm so sick of running away all the time."

   "Just bare with it for a while," Kyra says to me. I don't say anything back as we looked for an empty place to stay. We found a huge building that was empty, broken shattered glass everywhere, and no one was to be seen. We hid on the third floor in separate rooms to rest. The kids took one room with Von as I stayed in another with Kyra and Jace to talk about our situation. 

    "Can we just stop running?" I ask, "It's getting out of hand."

   "We can stop running, but we have no power to defend ourselves." Kyra snaps. I roll my eyes and go lay down on the bed as they stay on the couch. I turn around and close my eyes. I was so done with everything. Fed up with running and hiding...getting hit....letting Von be part of all this. I didn't like it. Kyra and Jace talked for a while as their voices got quieter and quieter. 

   I woke up to the sound of a thud. Instead of moving my body, I opened my eyes and only heard things. 

   "Jace, wait, Keith is right there." I heard Kyra's voice. "Jace."

  "He's asleep." Jace says in a low voice back. I didn't know what to do. This was an awkward position to be in. I blinked silently, trying not to interrupt them. I heard Kyra groan and then I heard shuffles. I heard a sniffle, Jace mumbling sweet words to her, and then more sniffles.

   "We're all going to be alright right?" I hear Kyra asks.

  "Of course." Jace replies. I hear more shuffling and then Jace and Kyra's panting. I get up quickly and turn around to them. I look at them with a straight face as much as a can. Kyra was on the ground, leaning on the couch, Jace's hand under her clothes, and they were kissing each other passionately with Kyra with tears. 

   "Okay, nice weather....right?" I  nod my head awkwardly and calmly walk out of the room. Kyra...that girl...she was actually worried. Maybe I should pick myself up. Kyra's probably trying her best and I should help her make things easier. I went into the room Von was as he looked at me and put the blankets over Ella and Obee. 

   "They're asleep," Von says and sighs. He throws himself on the couch with a groan and closes his eyes. "I should go to sleep too."

   "This is a chance." I say as he opens his eyes and looks at me weirdly. "Ella's sleeping. Obee's sleeping. Jace and Kyra are in their own world. No one is inside the building besides us now. "

   "Wait a second what are you talking about?" He asks. I walk in front of the couch as he lifts his legs and puts it on the remaining space of the couch so that I won't sit down. "Sleep."

   "Don't want to." I shake my head and put my knee on the couch next to his thigh which makes him look up to me. I look down at him and he looks up at me with those sharp eyes. 

   "Keith, go to sleep. You're tired." Von says.

VON'S POV

    "After." Keith mumbles, his silver eyes glowing with desire, his grey hair almost covering his eyes, and his ears high. He put his hand on top of the couch and leaned in, giving me a soft kiss. He closed his eyes and opened them slowly, pouting at me. 

   "Keith, you should get some sleep." I say to him. His hand goes on my face as he touches my face and kisses me. What should I do....should I let him do what he wants...or should I make him go to sleep? He seems tired. He pushed me down on the couch and sat on top of me. I held myself up from my elbows as he leaned into my neck and I felt his lips on my neck. 

   "Von..." He mumbles and I put my hands around his back. He seemed so tired. I leaned up and kissed him when he lifted his head from my neck. 

JACE'S POV

     "Blood." Kyra whispered. Blood came dripping slowly from her lips as her eyes went red like the vampire she was.  Her gold hair was long, messy, her red eyes with the hint of her original color-purple, rid lips, and dark eyelashes made my heart beat again and again. She leaned onto me and her fingers brushed my chest, and moved my shirt from my neck area. She took a deep breath and bit in. I cringed at the pain as I felt her hand on the back of my head. I closed my eyes and let her do what she wanted. When she was done, she leaned away and my heart skipped more beats than it should have. Her eyes had turned darker than ever and her lips covered in blood. I couldn't help it. I put my lips on her as she kissed me back. 

   "Kyra." Was all I could say.