Part 16

Warning: Plot twist starts here so don't go away and thanks for reading :) There are going to lots of plot twists starting now since everyone is older, especially Keith. Lots is going to happen between Jace and Kyra. Ella's going to have a big part in this story. Obee's going to be a bit "Over the top" If you ACTUALLY made it to here without throwing your phone from my horrible grammar or spelling errors, thank you so much! :D I'll get better at writing and everything so please read on and don't abandon Kyra, Jace, Obee, Ella, and Keith's journey! :D

 KEITH'S POV

   "VAMPIRES?!!?!? CATS?!?!" Our neighbor screams. He was a bit small, had his long black hair cover one eye, and had beautiful eyes. "So i wasn't seeing things back at the streets..."

  "And you are?" Jace asks with an eyebrow up.

  "O-oh i'm sorry! I'm Von..." He says as he watches us carefully. 

  "Hi, Von, you must be...our neighbor i'm assuming." Kyra says with a smile. "I'm Kyra."

  "I'm Jace." Jace glances at me. "Keith, Ella, and then Obee to the very end. "

  "-Y-yes, nice to meet you all." Von smiles nervously. He had piercings on his lips but seemed gentle. 

  "Well, that's that." Jace says and cracks his shoulder. "Now you know the truth, i guess we should dispose of you."

  "WHAT!" He screams loudly as Jace's eyes glow red. He gets up and leans over Von who looks terrified. I feel my legs move up and kick Jace's in the shin. At the same time, Kyra smacks his back hard.

  "OUCH!" Jace falls on the couch and groans. Von sighs and looks at me then Kyra.

  "That was a close one." He says. "Thanks."

  "No, we should be the one apologizing." Kyra says with a shake and glares at Jace who just pouts and glares at Kyra and me. "But, we would be most grateful if you didn't tell anyone about our...secret...?"

  "Don't worry, i won't tell anyone." He says and looks away. "No one would believe me anyways even if i told them."

  "Ah, alright, then that's good." I nod my head. "Is there a reason you came here anyways?"

  "Oh yeah, my mom told me to bring some food for our new neighbor." He says and picks up the bag he dropped and sits it on the table. Ella and Obee immediately attacks the bag as Von smiles the warmest smile ever. "I hope it's enough."

  "Seriously?!" Kyra brightens up. "Then i guess i won't have to cook then tonight."

  "DON'T EVEN COOK!" I snap at her as she gives me a nice smack on the back. "Sorry, i take that back...."

  "Would you like to join us?" Kyra asks. 

   I find myself watching every one of Von's movements, the way he talks, he way he smiles gently even with his dark hair and piercings, the way he glanced at me few times, and everything. I watched him awkwardly as he continued to talk to Kyra and Jace.

  "Uhh Keith, is there something on my face?" Von asks finally. I back off and shake my head. i think there is something wrong with my head so i get up and run up to my room. I throw myself on the chair to my desk and tap the desk with my nail. I let my tail and ears out as my tail nervously waved around the air.

  "This. Is. Bad." I slap my face. Why am i so nervous? This was ridiculous. This was not like me. This wasn't me. I walked back downstairs and sat next to Von who was sipping on a cup of orange juice.

  "Oh hey, where'd you go?" Von asks as he turns to me. I felt my heart skip a beat. I rolled my eyes, this was ridiculous. 

  "None of your damn business." I snap at him as I see his eyes pull back far, far, far from me. I feel my jaw tighten as he awkwardly turns away from me.

  "Uh...okay then." He shrugs. Kyra prepared the food he brought on the table as Jace was long gone. Ella and Obee were dipping their feet into the pool and splashing each other. It was just Von and me. Great....not. 

   After three minutes of silence, He opens his mouth to talk.

  "Nice weather....right...." He says.

  "Yeah. It's nice really." I say with a frown. "Hot. Sticky. Sweaty. Gross."

  "Nice house." He says quietly.

  "You've seen it many times. Being its' neighbor." I say back. For a time, we kept talking this way. In short, comfortable, awkward, and unsure phrases. I felt my mouth smile as i felt happy with our conversation.

  "Keith, are you okay? Your face is getting red." Von says. 

  "IT'S HOT! IT'S REALLY HOT! SUMMER...HAHA....YOU KNOW....." I say lamely as he starts laughing.

  "What a loser." He laughs harder. "The air conditioner is even on."

  "Shut up." I say and look down. Dammit. 

  "Do you go to school here?" Von asks. "If you don't, why don't you enroll in the school i go to?"

  "No way i'm going to school!" I scoff. "That's like jail. School melts the way society needs you to be into you."

  "Well, i guess that's a way of seeing it." He says. "But you'll get to have more friends other than just me since we're neighbors."

  "F-friends?" I look at him. "We?!"
  "Uh....you don't want to be?" He asks awkwardly. I shake my head desperately.

  "I do." I nod my head. Friend?...This was going to be fun.