Part 20

KEITH'S POV

  "How's everything going?" I ask Kyra, trying to distract myself from Von who washes his face. She nods his head.

  "Nothing could be worse." She says and looks at Obee and Ella who watch everything from the balcony. "It's been a while, and Jace isn't even back yet."

  "Don't worry too much about Jace." I say. "He'll be fine."

  "Awww, is my little baby being a grown up?" Kyra says with a grin. "It's almost as if the underworld and the human world are switching......"

  I stayed quiet for a minute and sighed.

  "Ahhh, i'm hungry." I say. "Do you have any food?"

  "There should be some snacks in that drawer there." She points at the drawer next to the bed. I stroll over and take a bunch of chips out and munch on them. Von comes out with part of his hair wet. He shakes it and sits down next to me.

  "Can i have some?" He asks. I feel my heart beat as i smell his scent.

  "NO!" I burst out as he raises an eyebrow. He nods his head and gives me this half smile.

  "Alright then." His smile fades when he sighs. "Is it okay for me to be doing this right now while my mom and sister could be out there somewhere?"

  "There's nothing you or we can do right now. When things quiet down, we can get information." I say. I look deep into his eyes as he looks into mine. I wanted to jump him....MOTHER OF 30 BILLION BANANA FACED F*CKTARDS! WHAT DID I THINK JUST NOW?!?!?!? I retreated to turn into a can and hide under the blankets. I should just die here oh my gosh.

  "RUN!" I hear Kyra's voice scream. I turned back as i threw the blankets off me. Von got up quickly as i did and ran down to where Kyra's voice came from. "I SAID RUN! NOT COME HERE!"

  She stood between the stairs and the many monsters with weapons. 

  "KYRA! I CAN HELP!" I yell as i stand by her side.

  "Keith..." Kyra growls at me. "Take Ella, Obee, and Von far from here."

 "You're f*Cking ridiculous!" I snap at her. "I'm not running anywhere."

  "KEITH!" She screams as more come out of the portals. Why was she over edge? I looked at the monsters carefully and noticed...there were vampires in this group. That wasn't a good sign. Vampires were on of the most strongest kinds of monsters in the underworld. When they worked in groups, they were undefeatable. 

  "A vampire defending her favorite people from her own kind." The vampire in the lead says with a chuckle. "How touching!"

  "Keith." Kyra says sternly, without looking at me. She kept her eyes on the vampires as they began closing in slowly.

  "I'm not leaving." i say stubbornly.

  "Von, take Keith, Ella, and Obee away from here. Now." Kyra says.

  "Don't tell Von to do that!"

  "Keith! Please listen to me!"

  "I'm not scared of some vampire!" I yell at her.

  "Von, take them away and don't come back." Kyra says. I look at Von who grabs Ella, Obee's hand, and then looks at me.

  "Let's go." He says as he runs upstairs. I glare at Kyra as she keeps her eyes on the vampires. Unwillingly, i follow Von out through the window and carefully make our way down.

 "KIWAA!" Ella screams at the top of her lungs. Obee starts to cry as we run and avoid being seen. "KIWAAA!"

  "Ella, shut up!" I snap at her. She looks at me, scared, terrified, and guilty. I sigh and pick her up from Von's arms and carry her. "I'm sorry, i didn't mean that."

  "It's okie." She sniffs and wipes her eyes. "I'm sowwie."

  "Don't worry about Kyra, she's going to...catch up with us later." I say slowly. Ella nods her head and buries her head into my shoulder and neck.

   When we reach an empty house that had it's windows broken, and everything broken inside, we sit down on the ripped couch and catch our breath.

  "Is Kyra okay?" Obee asks. "Is she?"

  I look at Von who nods his head. I look out the window and from here, i see smoke coming out of our house. It was a fire. I got up and headed towards the door.

  "Stay here, i'll be right back." I say. Before anyone could say anything, i slammed the door and ran towards our house. When i arrived in front of the house, it exploded....

  "No way..." I whispered to myself. Kyra was in there! The red smoke came flowing out, forming dark clouds in the sky, fire eating on the remaining pieces of the house, and nothing in it's normal form. I fell to my knees dramatically and took a deep breath. I felt again, sadness, rage, tragedy, and so much more. I screamed at the top of my lungs to take it all out, but it didn't work. I got up, ran into the burning house, and searched. "Kyra!"

  "K-keith?" I heard a voice. I ran towards the backyard where i saw her on the ground, arms behind her, vampires surrounding her, and then before disappearing, she looked at me with a weak smile.

  "KYRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!" I screamed again but no one answered this time. She was gone. How was i going to face Jace now?