Part 15

FIVE YEARS LATER ^.^

KEITH'S POV

  I'm Keith, 16 years old,  handsome looking cat, strong, and kind. That's right, i'm the perfect man. Things have changed over the past five years and it's not looking so great. The underworld is filled with dirty humans, we non humans have to live in hiding everyday and night. We don't even live in the mansion anymore. Kyra, Jace, Ella, Obee, and I live now in the mountains far from the main city. I haven't ever given up on anything....except for Kyra. She is impossible. Jace is always all over her while she's always over him. They just a perfect match together. Now i have to live a boring life, living with two love birds, taking care of Obee and Ella. I mean Ella can take care of herself for sure. She kicks a**. Obee on the other hand...needs more work. We all gathered in the morning to head to the human world and start living there. It was going to be our new home. The king had also gone into hiding so we couldn't ask him for any help.

  "We're all ready right?" Kyra asks as she smiles. We nod our heads as she follows Jace, who leads us to the human world.

  "Keith, are we going to be okay in the human world?" Ella asks.

  "Well i guess we are." I say with a nod. "I mean Master Durn taught us how to transform into cats and even hide our ears and tails. We can even fight! "

  "R-right, but what if something bad happens?" Obee asks. I grin at him as he stares at me.

  "Don't worry, i got your back." I say and slap his back. "Besides, you can protect yourself can't you? Or do i have to protect you myself."

  "W-well...i wouldn't mind if you did." He says. Ella holds his hand tightly as they follow me cautiously.

  "Of course i will!" I nod my head. 

   When we made it to the human world, Jace stuck us inside a one room hotel and we all rested while Jace and Kyra looked for a place to live in. I sat on the balcony edge and watched the tiny people below me walking around in their busy world. I sighed and turned to Ella who was next to me.

  "What do you think will happen if humans were hunted by underworld animals?" Ella asks quietly.

  "It's not like every human decided to go hunting for us in the underworld." I say. "And death is not the answer for another one's death. There's no point. Everyone dies eventually whether they be killed or not."

  "Ohhhh, you've gotten a bit smart my boy!" I hear someone say as i felt a warm hand rub my hair. It was Kyra. She smiled and hugged me from behind. "Aw~ My baby got so big so quickly!"

  "Get off me old hag!" I whine as Ella runs to Jace. "I'm 16 already! Don't be doing this to me like i'm a baby! Ugly fart!"

  "How dare you!" She tightens her grip. "Watch over Ella carefully okay? Keith?"

  "Hmp, i already am. Without YOUR help." I say as she giggles.

  "Still immature as ever." She says and lets me go. She walks back to Jace's side and plays with Ella. I looked down at the balcony and make eye contact with a guy. He looked at least my age and had beautiful dark black hair. He looked carefully at me and rubbed his eyes when seeing my ears and tail. I smiled at him and waved.

  "Hello." I mouth at him as his blue eyes go wide. He shakes his head and looks closer at me. I wiggle my tail as he slaps his face and closes his eyes. He was cute.... I flipped over off the balcony backwards and closed the balcony window.

  "Hey, open the window, it's hot." Kyra says. I frown and open it again. "Come here and look at the place Jace found."

  "Seriously?" I run to the book with many selling houses in it. I looked at the house that he chose. It was a two story house with a swimming pool and a big yard. "SWEET!"

  *AT THE NEW HOUSE WITH EVERYTHING PREPARED

   "HELLLOOOOOOOO?!" I hear someone yell at the door. 

  "Keith, get the door for me please!" Kyra yells as she TRIES to cook food with Jace TRYING to stop her. I stroll to the door and hide my ears and tail before opening the door. I see a boy with beautiful black hair...and bright blue eyes.

  "Who're you?" I ask. He looks rather surprised by me too. He held a bag that smelt of tasty corn and other warm food. 

  "W--wait, sorry i think i got the wrong house." He says quickly and turns around. I grab his collar of his shirt and drag him back. "This isn't my new neighbor right?"

  "We are." I say with smirk. "Neighbor? You live next door?"

  "Uh yeah." He says. I stare at his beautiful eyes for a few seconds and scratch the back of my head.

  "Come on." I say as i lead him inside. He follows closely and looks around. I close my eyes and sigh as i turn at the corner and lead him into the living room where it was connected to the kitchen. I opened my eyes to see Ella's ears out, tail waving around in the air, Obee trying to catch her tail with his ears and tail out. He steps back quickly as he sees their tails and ears.

  "What the-" He blinks several times.

  "GET RID OF YOUR TAILS AND EARS." I mouth angrily to Obee and Ella who just stand up and come closer.

  "What?" Ella asks. 

  "Who was it Keith?" I hear Jace ask. He comes around the corner with blood dripping from his mouth and chin.

  "I GIVE UP OKAY! I GIVE UP!" I scream in frustration as Jace wipes his mouth quickly. The guy holding the food drops his food and drops on the ground. This was going to be a pain in the a**.