"But if I'm not going to wear bikini, neither are you."

She gave me a loose tank top to put on.

"Bili tayong rashguards?" I offered.

I didn't bring mine. I didn't think Mika would stop me from wearing a bikini anyway.

She agreed so we made our way to the shop walking closely but not close enough to touch. We were too aware of each other. We bought a similar pair and changed into it.

The moment we stepped out, it was scorching. Well, what did I expect? It was almost lunch time.

I took my cap off, the one with AV on it.

"B-babe," I stuttered, unsure if I was still allowed to call her that.

She turned to me with a curious look so I guess I was. I put the cap on her.

"Mainit. Are you sure you want to swim now?"

She grinned. "Thank you. Oo. Sandali lang. Sa hapon kasi gusto ko magscuba diving, okay lang?"

I nodded. If she wanted to. And well, when she grabbed my hand, that was convincing enough.

We put our things in our rolled up towel and left it where we could still see it even from afar. Then we went for a swim.

We didn't talk. We both enjoyed the cool water and the warm breeze on our face. We swam side by side quietly until Mika tapped me on the shoulder.

I turned to her and she cupped my face and pulled me down under the water. She kissed me firmly.

Once again, my brain was lagging. When we went up, I didn't know if I was out of breath because of staying under the water or because of the mind-drowning kiss I shared with her.

"A kiss under the water."

Then she swam back to the shore leaving me wanting for more.

When I caught up to her, she started chattering easily around me. She didn't talk about the kiss or the other night, she only told me what she has been doing. To not ruin the easy air around us, I followed her example and talked about anything and everything except our situation.

She was laughing and making me laugh all throughout lunch until we finally decided to go scuba diving. 

I don't know how to say it but everything felt like as it should be. We held hands under the water. We showed each other the things we found beautiful. We even had our picture together by the official photographer. It was amazing. It was fun.

Everything went well until we were already done for the day and back to the room. We were tired but we knew that we both had to talk. And every minute that passed by as I waited for us to be both ready was killing me so I went out of the balcony to get some fresh air.

Mika followed a few minutes after with two bottles of beers on her hand. She gave me one.

"Akala ko hindi ka umiinom?" I asked to break the ice. There was tension in the air.

"Umiinom ako. Hindi ako naglalasing. Dagdag lakas ng loob lang," she replied.

The air felt heavy. The tension was weighing me down. My heart and my brain were distressed. I couldn't take it so I broke the deafening silence once more.

"A-about the other night, I-"

"Be honest with me, Alyssa," she cut me off.

She was looking at me intently. I couldn't look away.