Chapter 4

" A father's love is irreplaceable."
----------------------------------------------------------
Fortis once again left the metallic room with Dr Lang panting and wheezing from the pain.

Still nothing...

What the heck was he supposed to do now? The Minister was expecting an answer in five days. After entering his office, slumps into his chair and holds the bridge of his nose. His office was his only place of comfort. Even though it was, like the other rooms in the facility, made of metal, it held his plus chair where he does most of his thinking, and his desk where he places all of his possessions - including the picture of his wife and daughter.

When can I ever see them again? Fortis thought to himself. The Minister had promised him access to his family once he had completed the task at hand.

Which is why I have to get her information soon... In order to finish the clones and see my wife an daughter again.

Fortis pondered. Wasn't this what he'd been after all this time? Why he betrayed his best friend? Ordering him to be beaten up? Angering him with threats? Most importantly, doing all those things to his wife?

As much as it pained him to do so, he needed to see his family again. To make sure their alright - even if they probably never want to see him again after he was caught with another woman by his daughter ... God he was stupid.

Before his rapid flow of thoughts continued, there was a sharp knock on his office door.

" Come in! " Fortis said, pressing the button that opens the door. It was a solider from the search team for the girl.

"Sir, we've have confirmed information on the girl." The solider stood at ease. Fortis felt a rush of excitement course through him. This was a miracle.

" Well? What is it then? " Fortis urged.

" We have discovered the target's name. Her physical features all bear similarities to that of Dr Lang. However, we are still unable to determine her location. All records of her linking her to Dr Lang have been erased. However, we are certain that she is still in Starlight City. Our sources are able to confirm that she's changed her name... her last name at least..."

As Fortis listened to the name, he knew he had to do one more thing... confirm it with the father. He raced back into the room where Dr Lang was held. The doctor looked up at him and smirked.

"Back to beat me up again Fortis? I'm starting to think your visits are merely for entertainment..."

" Quite on the contrary, Shane, I have some good news that I think you'll want to hear."

"You're planning to jump off a building? "

"No doctor... in fact, it's something even more exciting. We have information on your daughter, I told you we had a search team on it. You're quite a clever man you know... changing her last name and hiding her so well. But... you should've kept her out of Starlight City."

"I don't know what the heck you're talking about." Dr Lang spat.

"Oh... I think you do..." Fortis replied coyly. As he whispered the name into Dr Lang's ear, he sensed the tension and the defeat in the doctor. As he backed away, he saw the desperation in Shane's eyes, as much as he tried to hide it.

" Never heard of that name in my entire life." Shane replied, trying to sound as expressionless as possible.

" You don't have to keep pretending, Shane. There's no use in lying." Fortis said with much triumph. As he slowly backed out of the room, he saw Dr Lang slump on his chair in defeat.

"Fortis... please..." Shane begged, his voice breaking. "You have a daughter... you know what it's like...I'm begging you. Don't hurt my baby girl..."

Fortis had to control himself from breaking apart. With his back facing Shane, he pulled himself together.

Remember, this is the only way you can see Kelly again... Your daughter Kelly...

He turned back around to face Dr Lang. His face expressionless. "Don't use my daughter to your advantage, Shane. Take my advice, and save your breath. We will find this Jupiter Morano... and we will have her DNA."

Fortis pulled the door handle and stepped out of the room.

"Or should I say... Jupiter Lang?"

And he closed the metal doors.

Dun dun dun!!! Big reveal!! Okay, maybe y'all were already guessing that at some point, so I might as well reveal it first. Anyways, please stay tuned and thank you for sticking with me for so long. I love u guys!!