Prologue

"Everything is not what it seems"
--------------------------------------------------------
" Yes Minister, everything's going according to plan. Soon, the Viper army will be ready to storm the city. The clones are nearly finished, all we need is the DNA, her DNA." Fortis Manchester said this with much triumph into the phone.

" Excellent." the Minister's deep voice came from the other end of the line. " Soon, our plan will be put into action. You have done well, Fortis. Now, how is our... guest doing? Is he ready to talk?"

Fortis turned around to observe a man bound to a chair behind him. The man's face was bruised and battered, almost unrecognizable from all the swelling. His tattered lab coat hung from his shoulders loosely. The man had obviously been starved. He'd refused to anything for the past three days. A big buffy guy was standing beside him on guard, obviously waiting for Fortis's signal to strike again.

"Hasn't breathed a word about her location yet, sir. Much less her name. But don't worry, Minister, all he needs is a bit more... convincing. Every man will break eventually."

"You'd better hurry Fortis. Although much progress has been made, time is not on our side. We must finish this project before Mercury Strike finds out about this. Once our clones are completed, no one will be able to stand in our way. Viper, along with us, will be gods of this city." With that, the line went dead.

Fortis slipped the phone back into his lab coat. He needed her information, and he needed it quick. He turned to face the bound man. The big guy shuffled his way into position, ready to strike. Although in a lot of pain, the man looked up at Fortis murderously. "If you still think I'm going to say anything, go to hell!" The man spat.

" Now there, Dr Lang. Is that anyway you should speak to your hosts?" Fortis said calmly. " You will talk... eventually."

" Not in a million years..." Dr Lang glared.

"Very well then." Fortis raised his hand and motioned to the big guy. A series of loud thuds echoed the metallic room as loud groan escaped Dr Lang's lips - the punches having landed at his stomach. After a few more, Fortis motioned for the guard to stop. He then asked again," That, was for being rude... Doctor. Now, tell us where she is?"

"Over my dead body!"

" That can be arranged easily Doctor, but we need her location first... or a name at least."
Another series of punches were issued. Once they were over, Dr Lang panted and doubled over in pain. " Just tell us Dr Lang, and all this pain will stop." Fortis tried once again. He waited for Dr Lang to stop panting before asking. "Dr Lang... I'm going to ask again... where is she? What's her name?"

Dr Lang stared daggers at him. There was a moment of silence before the doctor said his obvious answer.

"Not telling."

The big guy raised his fists, about to strike once again when Fortis stopped him. Let me handle this, his eyes said.

"Let me tell you a secret... doctor." Fortis said coolly, leaning in towards Dr Lang, placing his hands on the chair to steady himself. Once he was only inches away from the doctor, he whispered in his ear. "You are nothing but a faster way to get this information. We can easily find her. Other members of this organization have already begun that search long before we got hold of you. So, Dr Lang, to make things clear, you are disposable unless you prove yourself worth our time."

" You're lying, " Dr Lang smirked and whispered back. " You need me. Without me, you will never find her...and I intend to keep it that way. So even if you were to kill me, that information would be lost, forever. I've already hidden her away years ago, you'll never ever find her." Fortis sighed. This man was just not going to give up.

"Fine, but I warn you doctor." Fortis said, getting back up and spreading his arms. If Dr Lang wasn't going to talk, he might as well anger him. " When, and not if, we find her, we will have to... do things to her. It's not avoidable. I know there's not point in reassuring you that she'll be fine to coax you, you're too smart for that. So let me tell you, we will do things worse to her than we've done to you... or your wife, as you would remember. You will hear her screams come from the experimentation rooms and don't worry, we will keep you alive for that part..."

"You leave my wife out of this, you hear me? You're the reason she's dead now! And I hate you for it!"

Ignoring Dr Lang's statement, Fortis turned his back on the doctor and very slowly made his way out of the room. As he reached for the door, he heard Dr Lang's voice from behind him.

" Hey Fortis?"

"Yes Dr Lang?"

"I want you to know that I trusted you once. You were my greatest friend."

"And as you can tell, Dr Lang, those days are far behind us."

"Of course. But I just wanted you to know one more thing..."

" And what's that doctor?"

There was a moment of silence.

" If you lay a single one of you're bloody fingers on my daughter. I will hunt you down and kill you like the bastard that you are..."

Fortis smirked at the door. As he pulled the handle and prepared to exit, he replied menacingly.

" Oh, don't you worry... Shane. I wont be laying a single finger on her. Too much dirty work. You know?" With that, he left the room, listening as Dr Lang's cursing and swearing bounced across the metal walls.

Hey guys, thank you so much for reading this story. Love y'all so much. Please do comment your views on the story! However, only positive language please! Thanks so much again and I hope y'all like the story!