Chapter 5

"You know how that little voice in your head goes crazy when you meet a hot person?"
----------------------------------------------------------
The next morning, I woke up with a pounding in my head. Ugh. Probably from the lovely electric strike that Mercury Strike gave me last night. I lay on my side and looked at my alarm clock - 6.15am. Time to get up. Even though school only starts at 8am, I prefer to be early to get some extra study time. I walk over to my mirror, put on my big, black rimmed glasses and stare into my reflection, noticing how different Jupiter and Banshee look.

With Banshee's blue eyes, mask and suit, she looks so confident, so... suave. While me as Jupiter? I'm just an ordinary Asian girl. Well, Asian nerd to be exact. If that's not bad enough, morning me looks as though she'd just gone to the zoo, decided to paint a lion's mane black and put it on her head.

After combing my hair and going through my morning routine, I put on my Coldplay shirt ( love Coldplay )  a pair of ripped jeans and sneakers, I walk grab my books and head out to school. The boarding house is right in the middle of the school, so all I have standing between me and school are a flight of stairs, the main door...

" Hey nerd!" I hear a familiar voice call from behind me.

Oh right, and Ally Bottum. I know right? What kind of last name is that? And to think that I get all the teasing instead of her.

I turn around to see Ally and her two minions, Shannon and Brenda coming towards me.

Oh crap.

"Hey Ally, what are you doing up so early?" I asked politely, gritting my teeth.

"Going to the car park to look for cute boys, u know, cool stuff. I mean, you wouldn't know since your not cool. Hahaha!" She flicked her brown hair as her gang laughed at her stupid joke.

I smile at them and clenched my fists. "Well, I'm headed to the library to study. Because, believe it or not, some of us don't want to stay in senior school until we're senior citizens."

The girls kept quiet, obviously straining their pea sized brains to make out whether my statements as an insult or not. Finally, they decided to ignore it.

" Whatever. " Ally said, and begun to strut away. As they walked pass me, one of the girls pushed me over, my books skidding across the floor. Gosh I hate them.

Some days, I just want to punch her in her perfect teeth. To describe Ally perfectly, think of Regina George from Mean Girls, and then reduce her intelligence level by like, 10 000 times. You got a picture yet? That's Ally Bottum.

So, that's what I have to deal with... every day. Now, you're probably thinking, Jupiter, your a supersonic screaming super villain, can't you just blast them with a scream or something? Well, to be honest, I'd love too, but that'll just reveal my secret identity, which I can't afford to expose.

Sighing and shaking my head, I dust myself off and begin to pick my books off the ground. Just as I reached for the last book, a hand scoops it up.

Great... what else do I have to endure?

I get up and end up face to face with a boy I've never met before. Probably new, if not he should have known better than to help me. He had green eyes, brown hair, a muscular build. I had to admit that he was kinda cute.

"Um... I think you dropped this..." The boy awkwardly ran his hand through his hair, handing me my book.

Yea, definitely cute.

" Yea... um... thanks." I smiled, taking the book from him.

Silence.

Damn it Jupiter! Say something!

"Sorry if I was staring, I just... never seen you around here before. You new?"

" Yea, I am. Today's my first day. My name's Nicholas, by the way." He replied, stretching out his hand.

"Jupiter." I smiled, shaking it. "Where did you move from?"

"I've always been in Starlight City, I was just in a public school before down the road."

" That's nice..."

Oh my gosh Jupiter! Stop staring at him! I swear that you'll start drooling any minute!

"So... you heading anywhere in particular?" I quickly tried regaining myself.

" Yea, I'm just headed to the library to do some catching up. Though I have absolutely no clue where that is..."

He's hot... and studies? Who the heck is this guy??

"Well, it just so happens that I'm heading there as too. Would you like me to show you the way?"

"That would be awesome. Thanks." Nicholas said, quite obviously relieved.

All right Jupiter... Enough staring!