Chapter 3

"Just remember... we're the bad guys."
---------------------------------------------------------
There he was, standing in the centre of the courtyard. He was wearing his usual superhero outfit, it was mostly blue with a gold lightning bolt emblem at the centre of his chest. He wore gold boots and had a red satin mask covering half his face, like mine. He also seemed to be wearing a gold speedo of sorts. In my opinion, it was the worst super hero costume ever.

A little bit about this guy before you meet him. You know how Joker is always worrying about Batman? Well that's pretty much my relationship with Mercury Strike. He basically has it all - super strength, laser eyes, flying and of course, control over electricity. Plus, he's about my age, which makes it a heck lot easier when I try to tease him, which I usually do. To be fair, he is wearing a gold speedo and uses the most boring superhero lines of all the boring superhero lines in the world.

"Stop right there Banshee!" ( there you go ) Mercury Strike yelled, putting his hand out in front of him.

"Seriously? Is that the best you can do?" I snorted, raising an eyebrow at him. Before he can respond, I send a sonic scream towards him, pushing him back a little.

"Seriously? Is that the best you can do?" Mercury Strike smirks, imitating me. Before I can react, he sends a bolt of lightning, hitting me square in the chest. I fall over, grimacing as the electricity passes through me. Just as another bolt shoots towards me, I roll out of the way and attack with another scream. This knocks him over as he tries to shoot me with his laser eyes. I back away as the lasers hit the ground, leaving two smoking black marks there.

Time to do what I always do best... escape. With that, I send two sonic screams, one after the other, towards Mercury Strike. The first one caused him to roll out the way while I willed the sound waves in the second one to vibrate faster and faster, until the scream was high pitched enough to break glass. Just as Mercury Strike got back up, the second scream hit him, causing him to double over in pain, covering his ears.

Looks like it worked.

I quickly grabbed my hoodie that lay at the side and dashed out of the courtyard. Just as the main entrance door was about to close. I saw Mercury Strike getting up. Before he could see me, I donned my hoodie and dashed back onto the main road, blending into the crowd...

Hey y'all, sry bout the short chapter, but I just wanted to do their whole fight scene in one chapter to emphasize the importance of their relationship. I really hope your enjoying the story so far. Please stay tuned!