Chapter 6

"Be careful who you trust..."
-----------------------------------------------------------
Nicholas and I talked for quite a bit as we made our way to library. Finally as we got to the see through glass doors of the library, Nicholas asked, "Hey Jupiter?"

"Yea?"

"I don't mean to pry... but what's with you and that Ally girl? "

"Beats me. " I answered with a shrug. "I guess she just picks on anyone who can actually pass an exam."

Nicholas laughed. " Guess so."

As we walk into the library, he waves at me. "It was nice meeting you Jupiter, see you around."

I wave back at him and gave him a smile. As soon as he was lost in the bookshelves of the library, I leaned onto the bookshelf behind me for support, my knees shaking. I take a few deep breaths.

Holy damn...

The voice in my head said. However, I soon realized that my happiness was short lived.

It won't be long before Ally puts a target on his back. A guy that cute? She's not going to give up so easily...

I sighed. I decided to sit down and start studying instead of pining over things that I can't have.

I was in the middle of Chemistry as the bell rang. Time for hell to begin.

To make matters worse, it was Tuesday, and that meant I had PE first, or as I like to call it, Personal Embarrassment.

Why do I hate PE so much? Well, first of all, the only thing I'm good at in PE is my cardio work ( which I obviously need for my powers to function ). However, besides that, I'm basically terrible at everything else. I've got absolutely no arm strength, so pull ups and push-ups are my nightmares. Also, as a super villain, you'd think that I have abs, but I actually don't.

After I got changed into my PE attire, which was a just a blue shirt and tight shorts, I went onto the field where everyone else was assembling. As I got onto the field, I saw everyone talking in their friendships groups - so that leaves me to sit at the side benches to wait for the teacher to come. As I walked pass the girl groups, they shot me weird looks and giggled to themselves. The jocks just completely ignored me and continued with their head butting and arm wrestling.

Oh yea, did I forget to mention I didn't have any friends? Yea. Cuz everyone doesn't want the nerd in their group to bring down their "popularity" level.

Just as I sat down, I noticed Ally and her goons talking to... Nicholas.

Just as I expected...

I saw him raking his hand through his hair awkwardly, obviously feeling very uncomfortable ( which made me somewhat happy ). Ally however, was having the time of her life, twirling her hair with one hand, her blue eyes scanning him, all the way down to his...

Ew. No... just... No.

I thought as I tried to avert my gaze. Before I could do so, Nicholas caught sight of me and a relieved look washed over his face. Excusing himself, he came to my side and sat down beside me.

"Well, you seem to be having... fun." I said, stifling a laugh.

" Don't even start. " Nicholas said, his brow furrowing which just made me laugh even more. From where I sat, I would see all the other girls staring at me and whispering among themselves, which kinda embarrassed me. Finally, I caught a glimpse of Ally's face, pink with rage.

At that moment, all of it seemed worth it.

After a grueling PE lesson with Coach Hedge yelling at us ( aka me ) to do more push-ups, I trudged back to my locker to get my spare clothes. As I turned to head towards the bathroom, Ally and her goons blocked my path.

"Hey, what's up?" I feigned a smile.

" You know what's up, nerd! I don't know what you're problem is, but stay away from my future boyfriend... got it?" Ally raged, shoving me in the chest. I banged into the lockers.

"Yea!" Shannon and Brenda spoke in unison.

"Technically, I came to her. Now, do you mind doing better things with your life?" Nicholas stepped in front of me, blocking me from Ally.

"You may defend her now, hot stuff. But your mine..." Ally smirked, running a perfectly manicured nail down Nicholas's chest as I tried my best to control my gag reflexes. And then, she and her goons took off.

"You okay?" Nicholas turned to face me.

" Yea, I'm fine. Thanks tho." I said gratefully. But then, I frowned.

"What is it?" Nicholas asked. I'm going to have to be brutally honest with him. A nice guy like him doesn't deserve this.

"Listen, I'm grateful for you standing up for me and all but... you need to stop."

"Why's that?" Nicholas looked puzzled.

"Because I'm just going to drag your "popularity" level down. You're going to be associated with me, the Asian nerd, and get picked on. If you wanna survive this school, you need to stop being my friend."

As much as it kills me. Was the part I decided to leave out.

"Well, to be fair. I have tried joining the jocks, and trust me... I don't fit in. So where else can I go? The girl's gossip groups?"

He does have a point...

"And besides, I've always been a bit of a rebel." He teased. " So I'm basically going to go against whatever you say." With that, Nicholas walked away before I could respond. As he gave me a lovely view of his back, I saw how well built he actually was. Unlike the jocks who had bulging biceps, Nicholas was lean and fit, with well built muscles that lined his arms and legs.

I bet he has abs too...
Okay Jupiter, cut it out!

Also, after what he said, I think he plans on staying with me. I don't know whether to be happy or sad. The poor guy's throwing his reputation away and yet... some part of me was glad that he stayed. I could use a friend...

As I turned back around to close me locker, I saw a bright red piece of paper sticking out between two of my text books. Well that's strange.

I pulled the note out and opened it. The more I read, the more I began to panic.

Dear Jupiter,

I know you're Banshee. Okay, before you freak out, just hear me out. I need your help. I'll meet you in your room at exactly 10.30pm tonight. I know you're curfew's at 9.15pm so don't try to avoid me by going out. Alright then, see you tonight.

Yours truly,
MS

MS - Mercury Strike obviously. That son of a gun. I tucked the note into my math textbook before anyone else notices and shut my locker. Gripping onto my clothes tight, I head to the bathroom trying not to let my knees buckle.

Looks like I'm meeting my arch enemy tonight then.

Hey guys, this'll be a really short author's note. I just wanna thank y'all for sticking with me and in the next chapter, you'll find our what MS wants with Banshee. Love y'all !