Chapter 1

Hello! Welcome to the world of Minecraft: Story Mode– except it's 2016 and it takes place in a high school setting!! Tbh I think I still need to work on the chapters a bit, but this is just an experiment! And yes, both Jesses are here :) Well, let's get started!
-Crystal

~*Ω*~

"Jesse!" called out the dark brown-haired woman who grabbed a box from a high shelf. "Do you have everything you need?"

"Yes, mom! All I need is Jess's bag!"

"Find your sister, then!"

The brown-haired boy went off and looked around the small, cozy house for his sister. Since she bore the same name as he, he simply called her Jess. "Jess! Where are you?"

"I'm upstairs! Just saying goodbye to the house..."

Jesse smiled lightly, softly walking upstairs as to not disturb her. When he reached the attic that had been their room, he looked across, finding her gazing out the window. Her hands were leaning on their large desk and a feel of serenity was encircling the both of them. He walked up to her, placing his hand on her shoulder as they both looked outside. The sun was setting and lit the fields with a glowing amber color.

"... I'll miss the farm. Do you think Reuben will still watch over us in the city, Jay?" The boy turned to steal a glance at his sister who was staring longingly at the sunset.

"Of course he will. He came with us everywhere we went. Even in the city."

Female Jesse quietly laughed. "Do you think they'll mix us up? Having the same name and all?"

Male Jesse smirked and exhaled in amusement. "They always will. But I call you Jess and you call me Jay. They'll grow onto those nicknames. Besides, you're called Jesse more than I am."

Jess rolled her eyes. "They always misspell it, though. 'Jessie' with an i. Well, I guess it'll be how they distinguish the difference between us on paper. Also, I'm just going to say 'Jesse' and not 'Jay.' That nickname is reserved for you and me only. I'll stay with Jess." She stuck out her tongue playfully.

"We've stayed in the city before, and this will be no problem for the both of us. Petra's living in the city now, and Olivia is studying there, too! Axel's also in the city. They're there if we need any help. I know we can handle it. We're partners-in-crime, not to mention twin siblings! We'll be an unstoppable team!"

She grinned and placed her hands on her hip confidently. "Yeah. We'll always be together, inexorable!"

Jesse's eyes widened and he smirked even wider. "That's a new word. I don't think I can even say it."

"I've been catching up on my vocabulary."

"Heh, well, you should probably finish your goodbyes to the fields and then put your stuff in the car. It's going to be a bumpy ride."

He turned to walk away and was about to when Jess grabbed his shoulder and expressed a reflective demeanor. "Say the last goodbye with me? I know you'll miss this place as much as I will."

He sighed and held her hand, facing the window again. She knew him too well. Maybe that was a benefit from being twins.

After a moment of silence, they backed away from the window and started down the stairs. It was time to leave.

~*Ω*~

The ride from the peaceful, forested countryside to the busy city atmosphere was most certainly bumpy. The road hadn't been repaired in ages, leaving multiple potholes and crevices in the ground. It was alright for the Jesse twins, though. They listened to their favorite music, played games, and even admired the view outside the large family van. "Boring" was not a word they recognized. Every moment with them was exciting and suspenseful. Whether it was playing hopscotch or lying on the couch, they had a way to make it fun in more than fifteen different ways.