"Mom! I want to sleep." Suddenly Sudhir said making me stop from going inside the kitchen.

"I will get him to bed." Manohar said when I started walking back towards Sudhir.

"Are you sure?" I asked, seeing his stiff shoulders.

"Of course!" he replied and walked away holding Sudhir's hand.

I frowned and walked back inside the kitchen taking plates for both of us before returning to the dining table.

When he didn't return immediately, I walked towards Sudhir bedroom to see him already sleeping on the bed while Manohar is standing near the door with a distant expression.

"What happened?" I asked frowning.

"Nothing!" he replied, coming out of his thoughts.

"Then there must be so much." I said, repeating his earlier comment to which he chuckled and walked near to me after closing Sudhir's door.

"So, about my payback." He stated, standing before me and I immediately felt nervous not knowing what to say.

"Don't feel nervous." He said giving me an amused look.

"I am not nervous." I said, shaking my head.

"You are! You rub your neck whenever you feel nervous." He said and then felt his hand over my neck where my hand is already there making me drop it hearing his words.

"How do you know?" I asked feeing amazed when I never observed much myself.

"I just do!" he replied shrugging.

"Just like how your shoulders come in a straight line whenever you are stressed." I stated and this time he stared at me with shock.

"Let's go and have lunch." He said walking away and I followed him, seeing his yet again straight shoulders.

"What were you thinking when I came?" he asked after a few minutes of silence.

"I just... I am just worried maybe I am putting too much pressure on Sudhir. He is a very understanding kid." I replied and he chuckled.

"Weren't you disciplined when you were a kid?" he asked smiling.

"I was but the circumstances are different and I don't want them for him." I replied looking down remembering the memories.

He kept silence and we both finished our lunch before I took the plates to wash them. I walked out of the kitchen to see him sitting on the couch and changing the channels.

Maybe it would be better if I go inside my room! I thought and started walking towards the small set of stairs.

"Watch something with me, Kalpana." His voice stopped me and I turned to see him smiling which made me walk near to him and sit on the couch beside him.

"So, want to share?" he asked after a few minutes.

"I so knew you would ask." I replied shaking my head.

"I am not forcing you. I can understand when one doesn't want to share their story because I am one of them." He said and I stared at him.

"I am one of them too. But..." I trailed off.

"But?" he asked, frowning.

"I don't know why, but I wish to share it with someone." I replied and he nodded switching off the television.

"By the time I know what is going on, my Dad died. And all I know was my Mom doing whatever work she gets so that we can live. She would be so tired with all that because of which we never got much time together." I started and stared at him.