Try

I woke up the next morning with the sun blinding me.

I groaned and rolled over onto my side.

"How are you feeling?" Someone asked.

I opened one eye a little to see mom.

"I'm fine," I croaked out.

"Alex will you get her some water?" My mom asked looking behind me.

I sat up slowly turning onto my back.

"I need to ask the doctor something," I said taking the cup of water Alex handed me.

"Thanks," I mumbled.

He smiled.

Dad left the room, a second later he came back with my doctor.

"I hear you have a question?" He asked.

My doctor-Dr. Harold-was an older gentleman with graying black hair, brown eyes, and pale skin.

He was kind of tall at five foot ten, but he was super nice.

"Why is it that I'm so tired?" I asked taking another sip of my water.

"Well it could be one of two things. One, you went through something very traumatic-whether you remember or not-and two, I have reason to believe you were given some kind of drug," He explained.

"Didn't you run a tox screen on me?" I asked.

He smiled slightly.

"Yes, but if you were drugged it had, had time to metabolize by time it was ran," He said.

I pursed my lips together.

"A couple days of good rest and you'll feel as good as new," He said with a smile.

I nodded and gave a small smile.

Physically maybe, I said to myself.

"When can I go home?" I asked.

"Actually, before you father came to get me, I was on my way to tell you, you could go," He said.

I smiled.

"Thanks," I said.

He came over and took the IV out of my arm and put a small bandage over the needle hole.

He looked at my mom and dad.

"If you two could come and fill out the release forms?" He asked.

They nodded.

Mom stood, handed me some clothes I didn't know she had been holding and left the room with my dad and Dr. Harold.

Alex helped me out of the bed and led me to the bathroom.

The first thing I did was go pee.

Its not fun to be hooked to an IV that's giving you fluids, it makes you have too pee like crazy.

After that I washed my hands and got dressed into a tight T-shirt and cropped yoga pants.

I looked into the mirror that hung above the sink.

This is the first time I've seen myself in I honestly don't know how long.

It was weird, I looked a lot the same.

The only thing different was that my eyes were bloodshot.

Hmmm.

I shrugged it off and went back into the room.