Chapter 30

Josh POV

"Its normal. Her body is in shock so to speak" the paramedic says as they roll her out. They get her into the ambulance and I sit beside her as Lily is wrapped in a blanket in my arms. "Josh I am so cold" she whispers to me. Her lips are going blue. The paramedic looks down at her and wraps another therma blanket on her. "We are almost there babe" I say kissing her hand. We pull up to the hospital moments later and the emerg is packed because of the earthquake. People are everywhere. "We will take the baby too to get looked at" the paramedic says. "Joshua stay with Lilly ok?" Colleen says as they wheel her down the hall. "Josh she will be in room 8" the paramedic says who is pushing Colleen. "Who should I stay with?" I ask upset and confused. "Come with Lilly" a sweet nurse says ushering me into an exam room. They unwrap her and start looking her over. She is perfect. I get emotional watching her. My daughter. Colleen gave me her. "She looks perfect Mr Evans. Just going to get a paediatrician to come look her over" the nurse says. I nod and hold onto Lilly's little fingers. "How is my wife?" I ask now thinking of Colleen. "Go see her. I will stay here with Lilly" the nurse says as she puts a bracelet on her. I kiss Lilly on the forehead and walk down the hall to Colleens room. "Colleen just one more push ok?" I hear a doctor say to her. I rush behind the curtains and see Colleen pushing. "Colleen is just delivering the placenta" the nurse says to me. Colleen is crying as she grabs me. "She tore a lot" the doctor says to one of the nurses. " So tired" Colleen says holding me. "I know sweetie. Let them fix you up and then you can sleep" I say concerned. The doctor stitches her and the nurses bring some warming blankets for her. I kiss her face as she begins to settle. She falls asleep with my one hand under her head and I don't have the heart to move her. I grab my phone and call Rachel. "Rachel!" I say excitedly but quietly. " Are you alright?" She asks. "Yes we had Lilly today. We are Cedar Hills" I say tearing up. "Oh my god. I will let every one know" she says as we hang up. I then call my Mom and Dad. "Josh congratulations! Let me see Lilly" my mom cries. "She is just down the hall" I say sliding my hand from under Colleen. I walk down the hall into the room Lilly was. She isn't there. I see the nurse that was looking after Lilly and I stop her in the hall. "Where is Lilly?" I ask her thinking she is moved to a different room. The nurse shakes her head and jumps on the phone. Her face goes pale. "She isn't with paediatrics" she says. "I need to call security" she says turning back to the phone. "Oh my god Mom, Lily is missing" I say crying.