Chapter 12

Josh POV

I drive over to my old house to make sure Colleen is ok after the line goes dead. I pull out my old key and try it. It works. I open the door slowly calling for her. "Colleen!" I ask walking quickly down the hallway towards the kitchen. I look down on the  floor and see Colleen crying. "Colleen, stop babe" I say as I kneel down on the floor beside her. "Joshua, why did I do this? Now you have another girlfriend and you were the best thing ever for me" she cries. I start to cry. "Colleen you are so drunk. Lets sober you up" I say standing up and start making coffee above her. She sits up and leans against the cupboard and stares into space until she stands. "Woah, Colleen you are going to fall" I say watching her waver all over the place. I grab her waist and she just looks at me. "Your touch still" she mutters shaking her head. "I need to shower" she says shuffling over to the stairs. I follow behind her and she starts to crawl the stairs. I start laughing and she turns to face me. "What?" She says angrily at me laughing. "I have never seen you this hammered" I say. She gets angry and starts to stand but falls on the first stair. I catch her and carry her up the stairs as she clings to me. "Colleen, this is so hard for me" I whisper into her ear. She nods and cries again. I turn on the shower for her as she takes off her clothes. "I will wait in the bedroom" I say and I leave the room. I see her walk out a few minutes later with a big sweatshirt of mine on. I smile on the inside. "Yes its your sweatshirt. I stole it" she says. "You can have it" I say. "Feel better?" I say as she throws up her hair. She nods. "Much" she says. "Need food" she says. "Lets go downstairs then" I suggest as I closely follow her. We walk back into the kitchen and she is pouring a coffee as I dig through the fridge. I pull out some chicken and grab some rice from the pantry. Colleen sits on the barstool staring at our divorce papers in front of her. I start to cook. "Well you learned how to cook" she says. I nod smiling as I throw everything together and place it in front of her. "Thank you" she says as she eats. With every bite she comes back to reality. She finishes and walks over to the couch and starts to cry again. I walk over to her and sit on the coffee table and face her. "I know I made a huge mistake" she cries. "Its ok Colleen. Its almost been a year" I say looking down at my hands nervously. I don't want to cry. "Do you love me?" She whispers. "I always will" I quickly answer as I look at her. She smiles and wipes her face. She sits up and leans up to my face. She is going to kiss me and this time I am not going to stop her. Her lips touch mine and I forgot how wonderful that feels. "I love you Josh" she whispers.