Chapter 16

Josh POV

I see Colleen struggling with herself daily. She watches her family's vlogs and its killing her that they don't talk to her. I walk up to her as she sits on her laptop in the living room. "Colleen you are hurting yourself watching those" I say as I hear Rachels voice coming from the video. She nods and closes it and places the laptop on the coffee table. I wish her family would come around. I grab her into a hug and her arms wrap around me as she gets emotional. "I love you baby" I say kissing her head. "Love you" she says squeezing me harder. Just then the phone rings and Colleen jumps to pick it up. She looks at who is calling and smiles at me and mouthes "its my mom". My heart melts watching her talk to her mom as her faces lights up.She ends the call and jumps beside me. "They are all coming over" she says. "Thats great sweetheart" I say kissing her lips quickly. In my mind I pray this visit goes well.

I am upstairs when the doorbell rings. I hear Colleen running from the kitchen to get the door. I hear Rachel's voice and then her parents and Chris. As I come down the stairs I see Colleen crying hugging her Mom. I am a little hurt that they did this to her in the first place. Rachel sees me first as I reach the bottom of the stairs. She walks over to me crying and hugs me. I hug her tight. "So good to see you sis" I say to her. I see Gwen and Tim and they smile as they walk past me. I have never felt more unwelcome in my life and I am in my own home. Colleen walks up to me noticing the icy reception and we follow them into our living room. We sit down across from them as I hold Colleens hand. "Colleen, we can't do this anymore" Gwen says. I smile as Colleen squeezes my hand. "We just don't approve of your choices is all" she continues. I see Colleen look at me knowing that the comment hurt me. "Mom, I am 30 years old and this is my husband. You don't live inside my heart and my mind. You don't know what Josh does for me and although you dont like it, you need to accept it if you want to be part of our life" Colleens says strongly. I look at her parents with tears in my eyes waiting for their response. "Colleen, I..." Gwen says sounding hesitant. Colleen stands up. "You cannot treat him poorly like this in our house Mom. He is a good man. I broke it off the last time. It was my mistake" she says crying. "Lets go" Tim says softly to Gwen. "All of you feel like that?" Colleen asks her brother and sister. Rachel and Chris don't say a word. "Please leave and don't call me unless its an apology. You are all acting like children" Colleen says as she grabs my hand as I stand beside her. My wife is amazing. Even though it kills her to say goodbye to her family she is doing this for us. Our love does conquer all.