Chapter 15

Colleen POV

"I want him to stay" I say to my Mom after I told her about Josh and I. "Colleen both your dad and I love Josh but together you make each other miserable" she says. "We will make it different this time" I say trying to convince her. "Please don't call us again when things go downhill. We were there for you twice now. There will be no third time" she says motioning my Dad to follow her as they walk towards the front door. "Please understand" I beg crying just as the front door unlocks and Josh comes walking in smiling away until he sees us. "Whats going on?" He asks rushing to me. I hold onto him and sob. "Josh we like you but not the two of you together. You both want different things" my Mom tells him. "Gwen it won't happen again" Josh pleads with her. "Well we won't be here to pick up the pieces. None of the family will be" my Mom says. "Then please leave our house if you can't support us" he says crying now. Josh is hurt that my parents don't want him. My Mom turns with my Dad and they don't say a word. Josh closes the door and spins to face me. "I lost everyone" I whisper sinking to the floor. "Colleen your family shouldn't be against you because you chose your husband" he says stroking my cheek. I nod wiping his face. "I thought they liked me. What did I do?" Josh asks. "I was hurt. They don't realize we are gonna change things this time around" I say. "Baby they will see. Things will be fine ok?" He asks me hugging me. "Hope so" I shake. I need my family.
Josh moves all of his stuff back in the house and gives up his apartment a few weeks later. I am happy he is with me when I climb into bed at night but none of my family are talking to me. "Ready?" Josh asks me hugging me. "Yes" I say grabbing his hand as we walk to the car. I sit down in his car and grab his hand again. "What colour couch do you want?" I ask him. "Doesn't matter babe. As long as you like it" I say. I roll my eyes and laugh. Typical answer. We walk into my favourite store and Josh instantly jumps onto a big sectional. My heart sinks. "Whats with the face babe?" He asks seeing me get upset. "We don't need a big couch cause my family wont come over" I say sadly. "They will eventually plus we have tons of friends" he says rubbing my back. I nod and keep walking. " Joshua?" I ask him a few moments later. He turns to listen. "Are your parents happy we are back together?" I ask. He looks quickly down and nods. I know he is lying. "They hate me" I say. "They were upset seeing me like I was but thats in the past Colleen. We are in a better  place now" he says. My heart sinks. Maybe our families are right.