Chapter 19

Colleen POV

I am hugging Rachel in the doorway. "Colleen, I am so happy for you" she says as she hugs me. I nod clinging onto her. "Rachel why does everyone hate Josh and I together?" I ask her. She pulls me into the living room and we sit down. "Joshua and you aren't good for each other. You hit a certain point and then you stop talking and we have to pick up the pieces" she says. "Rachel, I understand that you guys are protective but can you not just be happy in the moment for us?" I ask. "I can Colleen but Mom and Dad think you are setting yourself for failure" she says watching my reaction. "Rachel I kicked Josh out. I gave up on him before" I say. "And Mom and Dad thought you were right doing that" she says. I start to cry. Having my parents against me is tearing me apart. I cry in her shoulder and she hugs me. I feel another hand on my head and know its Josh. I pull back from Rachel and see Josh crying above us. "Guys I need to lay down" I say. "Colleen call me tomorrow" Rachel says. I nod and Josh and I walk Rachel to the door and say goodbye. Josh and I continue up the stairs. I am just quietly crying as I crawl into bed. "Colleen stop babe" he says grabbing for me. "Joshua I need my Mom" I say. All he does is hold me.

I wake up in the middle of the night and can't sleep. I walk quietly out of our room and tiptoe downstairs. I sit on the couch and text my Mom. I want to see if she responds. 

"MOM....please answer me. I need you"

"Colleen, don't tell me you have broken up already"

"No, we are together for life now Mom. We are pregnant."

There is a long pause as I tear up. Then she starts to write back as I wait in anticipation.

"Congrats. I hope you are very happy together"

I gulp

"Mom, please I need you to be happy for me. I need you"

"You are on your own. I give you guys 6 months"

I drop the phone and cry loudly now. I can't hold it in. I hear running upstairs and then come down the stairs. I see Josh come around the corner with his hair a mess. "Baby?" he says racing up me on the couch. "Joshua, she won't talk to me ever. I don't think I can handle this" I sob trying to breathe. "Colleen, calm down. Breathe baby" he says grabbing my face. I look at his eyes. He's sobbing. His eyes are filled with pain watching me. I grab onto his leg staring at him calming down. "Cuddle me" I whisper holding onto him now. "Always Colleen" he says grasping me. His hand rubs my belly as he kisses my head. "You two are the most important things in my life" he whispers. I smile and hug him. "Joshua I love you" I say.