sixteen.

Somehow the pair had managed to get through the entire Taehyung box set, albeit they had skipped some of the more boring series where the actor played a minor role in. Yoongi had been home a lot more ー the company had forced him to go on a well overdue holiday ー and he was starting to feel sorry for Jungkook. There wasn't a lot in the house for them to do, so he could only imagine how much it must suck for the younger male.

Out of desperation for something to do, the pair were now whiling away the hours in bed, watching a new drama on Yoongi's laptop. The laptop was placed precariously on the older male's stomach, while Jungkook was curled up against his side. Yoongi could tell whenever something on the show frustrated the boy, because he could feel the exhalation of air hitting his skin.

"What is love?" Jungkook asked at the end of one episode, where that word was thrown around a lot.

"Uh... Love is an emotionー"

"I know that, but what is it? How do you know when you're in love, or when someone's in love?" The boy seemed to be getting mildly frustrated with this concept.

"Well, uh, sometimes you can tell by the way a person looks at somebody." This was really not Yoongi's area of expertise. If the boy had had a question about DNA or bills or the art of pretending like you care then sure, maybe he could answer him; but love. Heck, this was a foreign concept even to him! "Like, if someone's really in love then they might look at someone with this adoring expression..."

"Like Hoseok? He stares at you funny."

"Yeー wait, what?" It took Yoongi a moment to fully comprehend what the boy was suggesting. He quickly shook his head, shuffling around so the laptop wasn't lying on him and he could look at Jungkook. "I think you've got the wrong idea, Hoseok and I... We're just friends."

"Some of the people on the show are just friends." Jungkook's tone turned slightly bitter. "Next thing you know they're kissing each other and claiming they're in love. How can they change their minds so quickly?"

"Well, uh, because they suppress it and, um... eventually they stop suppressing it? I really don't know, Kookie." Yoongi sighed. "When it comes to the romantic sort of love, I'm as clueless as you."

"You've never loved anyone?" The older male shook his head. Jungkook thought about this for a few moments. "Guess you just haven't met your main character yet."

"Guess not."

"Yoongi... You're supposed to be on holiday..." Hoseok said when he noticed the light on in Yoongi's small office. He was one of the last people out, having had to stay longer to finish a job; he'd thought he was the last person here too. But there was Yoongi, the man who wasn't even supposed to be here.

"I know, but this isn't work. It's personal." The older male responded, not even looking up from his computer. He was frowning ー Hoseok could recognise his expression, the one he pulled whenever he was struggling with something. The younger slowly entered the room, sitting down in one of the chairs and moving closer.

"What're you working on?"

"I'm trying to figure out how to reverse a mutation." Now Hoseok was frowning as well.

"Like, a genetic mutation?" Yoongi nodded. "Any in particular? There's quite a few of them..."

"Not one you've heard of. It's a one of a kind sort of mutation." The older male's responses were coming back short and snappy, as he devoted almost all of his attention on the problem in front of him. He then continued to mutter to himself, more thinking aloud than actually talking to Hoseok. "I need the original information... if I can figure out how it was created, then maybe I can work back from there. I'll have to call Namjoon ー probably shouldn't have yelled at him so much when we last spoke..."

"Hold on, what's happening? What're you doing, Yoongi?" Slowly, Yoongi's attention moved from his computer and over to the confused younger male.

He blinked.

"That's right, you don't know." Before Hoseok could even ask what it was exactly he didn't know, the older male jumped to his feet and moved away from his desk. "If I explain things properly, do you promise to follow the best friend code of secrecy?"

"B-Best friend code of secrecy..?"

"Yeah, y'know, don't tell anyone at all." The older male responded as he pulled his jacket on. Hoseok was still sitting down, unsure as to what exactly was happening.

"Min Yoongi, are you doing something illegal?" Yoongi paused, thinking. The fact he had to think worried Hoseok further.

"Possibly. I'm not sure if I'm an active participant or just an accomplice yet." And with that, he walked out of the office with the expectancy that Hoseok would follow. The younger male was still very confused and concerned; he sat there for a few more seconds, before he realised he should be following.

He then realised another thing: "Yoongi, you left your computer on!"

"Are you going to kill me?" Hoseok asked as he sat in Yoongi's car, waiting for more of an explanation.

"Well, not intentionally. If we get into a car crash or something on the way then, yes, I might kill you."

"Where are we going?"

"My house."

"What's at your house?"

"Your explanation." This state of unknowing was beginning to frustrate Hoseok; not just because Yoongi was being so cryptic, but because it was like being left on a cliff-hanger. He desperately needed to know.

Luckily for him, the drive wasn't that long and the pair eventually arrived at Yoongi's house. The lights were still on, most likely because Jungkook was there.

"Now, I need you to not freak out when you see this." Yoongi said as they approached the door.

"I can't make any promises if I don't know what I'm about to see."

"Well, just keep that screaming you do to a low decibel. It might disturb the neighbours." Anticipation was rising as the pair entered the house. Finally Hoseok was going to get some answers, although he wasn't sure if he even wanted answers. If Yoongi was possibly doing something illegal, did he also want to become an accomplice?

"Jungkook, I'm home!" Yoongi called out as they took their shoes off. "Hoseok's with me but don't worry, you can come straight out."

The pair then entered the lounge room, where Jungkook was perched on the couch looking as though he'd been caught mid-run. He stared nervously at Hoseok, casting equally nervous glances at Yoongi as he tried to figure what was going on. He was shirtless, his wings pressed against his back in an effort to make them as small and unnoticeable as possible. But it was a bit pointless; Hoseok noticed them immediately.

"This is your explanation." Yoongi said, after realising no one else was going to say anything.

Finally, when the shock started to wear off, Hoseok said the first thing that popped into his head, "I knew it was a kink thing."