one.

Yoongi groaned as the theme for The X-Files ― an alarm choice he'd made practically falling asleep ― forced him into wakefulness. He hit the snooze button on his phone, making a mental note to choose a better song for his alarm this evening; this current one was only waking him up because he was worried aliens might be in his bedroom. Sitting at the edge of his bed, he contemplated whether he should actually get up and start getting ready for the day yet. Currently he was just sitting there, mentally getting a few more minutes of sleep. He'd been up most of the previous night, struggling to get most of his work done. He'd failed, sadly, and would have to go in early to get the last of it finished.

Slowly the tired male pushed himself out of bed and made his way to the shower, stripping from the few articles of clothing he was wearing along the way. A small trail of pyjamas was left from the bottom of his bed to the outside of the bathroom, undoubtedly going to remain there until a weekend when Yoongi had enough free time to actually take in the state of his home. As he showered himself, Yoongi felt himself falling asleep again as the warm water enveloped him. He pressed his head against the shower wall, letting the water drip down his back as he caught a few more seconds of sleep. Something then went wrong with the water ― an issue he still hadn't spoken to someone about ― and all cold water disappeared, scalding his back. By the time he'd gotten the water back under control, he was properly awake and his body was tingling from the abuse it was just put through.

Breakfast consisted of a few mouthfuls of a boiling coffee on his way out the door, which was soon forgotten beside yesterday's one and he drove off to work ― a laboratory on the opposite end of the city. There were a few moments where the lack of sleep seemed like it was going to make him fall asleep at the wheel, but he kept the window down so that cold morning air was continuously pushed onto his face and his CD player blasted some heavy metal CD he was given as a present a few birthdays ago.

Occasionally the male found himself getting too into the music he claimed he abhorred, banging his head to the music or pretending to play drums along with the real drummer. His gaze would generally then travel to the car beside him, where the other person would be staring at him in confusion. This time it was a middle-aged woman with her child in the passenger seat; the child, at least, seemed amused by the display, although the mother probably didn't appreciate her son listening to the song that was playing.

By the time Yoongi arrived at his work, he was thoroughly awake and ready ― well, as ready as one could be for a long day of tedious work ― for work.

The front desk secretary, Jung Hoseok, had beat Yoongi to work that morning. He was already there, tapping away at his computer when the older male sauntered into the laboratory. Hoseok glanced up when he heard the automated doors slide open and smiled at the sight of his friend. The tapping of a keyboard was soon replaced by the clacking of two pairs of shoes on the clean floor.

"Yoongi! You're here early." Hoseok noted as he followed the scientist off into his area of the workplace. Yoongi shrugged, rubbing his eyes slowly. "I thought after how late you left last night you'd come in later this morning."

"I didn't get everything done last night. I have to finish it now."

"Alright, well, have fun with that. I've got some appointments and things to type up, so I'll leave you with that." Hoseok went to leave, before pausing at the door as a thought came to him. He turned around slowly, swinging on the door handle. "Oh, you got a call a few minutes ago. The guy left a message but it's just that he wants you to call him back ― on your mobile, not the work phone."

"Who was it?" The secretary shrugged.

"Kim Namjoon. Do you know him?" The long sigh that came from the older male was answer enough, as he rubbed his eyes again.