2

Kamiya

I turned off my alarm and got out of bed. I walked to Jamila room and shook her until she was awake. Then I went into the bathroom and took a shower then brushed my teeth. I got out and Jamila went in. I put on some white jeans, a black t-shirt, and my black vans.

I've had a lot of my clothes and shoes for years but they still look good if you keep up with them. My mom never put a relaxer in my hair so I've always been natural. I leave my natural hair down and get my book bag. I walk pass my mom room and see that she's in there knocked out.

I reach the door and see Jamila waiting for me. We walk out and I lock the door behind me. We walk to school in silence. I hear some loud ass music and instantly get annoyed knowing that it's Richlyn.

"Damn you bitches need a car ain't it?!" She yelled.

"Ignore her Miya." Jamila said.

"Aw what's wrong? You can't afford a car? Damn you can't get a car or a house? Section 8 must not be helping y'all." She said.

I turn to her about to speak but Jamila grab me. I thank her that she did because I do not want to serve another month in jail for assault and battery for that bitch.

"You work tonight?" She asked.

"Yeah, you?" I asked.

"Yeah, I get off at 9 though." She said.

"I get off at 10." I said.

"I'll cook something." She said.

"Okay." I said as we walked in the school. I go upstairs to the senior hall while she goes to the sophomore hall. I go straight to class because no one uses the lockers. They're useless because they never work.

When I walk into class I sit in my regular seat in the front. The bell rings and everyone piles in the classroom. When the teacher come in he sits at his desk and look up at everyone taking attendance.

"Hello Miss Kamiya." He said with a smirk.

I nod toward him and look away. He always creeps me out but I don't say anything. He'll always give me with weird ass smirk and he act like he gotta touch me when helping me with a problem.

"Today class we are going to have meetings. I'm going to meet with you and tell you about your grades and see how you can improve them and then you'll come back out here and talk, sleep, listen to music, or anything." He said.

The class already started getting loud as he stood up.

"Kamiya Anderson" he said.

I got up from my seat and went into his office. He sat at his desk and I sat at the seat in front of me.

"Okay let's get started. You have a 85 in here which is good but we can get that grade up to an A easily right?" He asked biting his lip.

"Yep I'm gonna study hard for the test and make sure I pass." I said.

"Or we can do something else and you can just get an A without doing any type of work." He said rubbing over his pants.

I get up from the chair and walk out. He follow behind me and call Kacey. I get my bag and leave the classroom. I'm already over this day. I just wanna go home and sleep.

I walk to the sophomore hall and go to Jamilas classroom. Her first period is basically a free period so I just walk in.

"Jamila." I say.

She turn and see me before walking towards me.

"You going home?" She asked.

"Yeah. You gone be okay walking by yourself?" I asked.

"Yeah Mikah is going to take me." She said.

"Oh shit okay." I said.

She hugged me before going back into the room and I left. I signed out and began walking home. I realized that I still have my moms food stamp card and go to the gas station near me. I get some sour skittles, a Twix and a brisk sweet tea with lemon. When I pay for everything I turn and run into someone. I look up and see this fine ass man.

I quickly look away trying to not stare him all up in his face. Before I could leave the store I heard an 'aye'. I turn and see the guy. He's holding up a pack of sour skittles.

"You forgot this." He said.

"Oh thank you." I said taking it from him.

"You welcome, ma." He said.

As I walked out the store I glanced back and saw him and 2 other men staring at my ass. I shake my head and started walking home again.

When I finally reached home I saw a man walking out of my apartment. I walk past him and into the apartment. I saw my mom sitting on the couch smiling.

"Ma?" I said.

"What you doing home so early?" She asked.

"I felt sick." I said.

"Oh well that nice man you just saw leave gave me $5,000." She said.

"For what?" I asked.

"You really wanna know?" She asked

"Yeah." I said.

"He want me to go on a vacation with him for a week. To be his fuck toy while he's out of town." She said.

"And your doing it?" I asked.

"How else are we going to pay for bills around here?" She asked.

"You could get a fucking job like me and Jamila." I said.

"This is my job. Now here since you home early I'm giving you this. I want you to get you and Jamila some nice clothes and shoes okay?" She said.

"Okay ma." I said

"I love you baby." She said.

"I love you too." I said.

"I'll be back next Tuesday." She said.

"Okay." I said.

She walked out the apartment and closed the door.

Dear god please watch over my mother.

-Comment/ Vote/ Follow