Mrs. Punch gave us scenarios of what we would play. We had three hours after school to rehearsal at our rooms before castings. And that was what we did. Nina didn't register, but Ellie had to, just like me. So we where talking to each other, pointing out the mistakes that had to be fixed. Sometimes she could be so nice and cute and helpful... Yet I still didn't feel like liking her. Maybe it was the impression left after she criticized my friendship with Billy? Probably, that was it.

At 6pm we went at a huge stage hall (that was written on the door) and watched actresses repeating one and the same words countless times. With the principal Mrs. Shoo as a jury.

Ellie was one of the firsts to go casting, acting perfect. She had a real chance and a talent. Perfect blonde with those rosy cheeks,main role was hers. I'd wish to be talented like her. Wait, what? Why do I care about the play? Why do I care about acting talent? That. Was. Not. Me.

Maybe in New York I was so busy with my own world, full of fun, parties, drinks and friends... that I forgot about the other things outside the group of my friends. Things like acting. I enjoyed it. When rehearsing with Ellie, I felt joy and fun, I liked it, I really did.

"Zoe Millery," I heard principal calling out and I quickly jumped up from my seat, making my way towards the stage. I took scenario in case I forgot something, and said the words that I heard a thousand times before it was my turn, putting all the feelings that Cinderella would feel. I was good enough for myself, maybe even had a chance. No, I definitely had a chance, but I wasn't sure if I used it right.

After getting back to my bedroom, I laid on the bed and called Billy.

"Hey, what's up?" he called out.

"Hey. I'm bored."

"Sorry Zo, can't come right now."

"Uh no, I wasn't counting on that. I just called to know what's up to there with you guys. Can you talk?"

"Sure. Just went home from skating. Amy stayed home, she drank too much and was throwing out all day. Unlikely Scott who drank only a shot to be able to drive. All the guys said hi."

"Tell them the same. How's Dan?"

"Like always, TV, laptop, sleep. Oh, how's play?" he suddenly exclaimed.

"It were just castings for now. Results will be tomorrow on the first period. You won't believe if I say I tried, will you?"

"Umm, did you?"

"I did."

"Wow, that's- that's unexpected," he chuckled.

"I don't know, I just wanted to get out of here."

"By a play?"

"No... I mean, I just need a distraction."

"Hey, you don't have to explain it to me."

"I just don't want you to think that I really enjoy being Cinderella."

"But you do, don't you?"

I laughed. "Yea."

"That school slowly changes you, my friend."

"Please, I'm still that party skater."

He laughed. "I know you are. I can't think of a day you won't be. Did you sneak in yesterday?"

"Remember Nick from McDonald's?"

"Your crush? Yea."

"He's not my crush, he slammed me on the floor!" I exclaimed, rolling on my stomach.