Chad Gable for ClaudiaSAW

I have a new One Shot Prompt Book out which you can all make requests in, as I currently don't have any.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I turned the page of my scrapbook to see all my old wrestling photos, just when I started. Chad stood beside me in a blue singlet, flexing his muscles, the two of us both with massive smiles on our faces. Ever since we were little we spent every day today together, training, eating, walking. We were always by each other's sides.

Flashback...

"Claudia, you'll never guess what?" Chad walked into my apartment using his spare key. I looked up from my phone watching him come and sit beside. "I just got a phone call from WWE, I'm going to NXT!" I jumped up hugging him, as he had the biggest smile I had ever seen on his face.

"Wow! That's amazing. I'm so proud of you." He pulled away from me.

"I couldn't have done it without you," he told me, lightly punching my arm.

"Nonsense! So when do you leave?"

"Tonight." My jaw hit the floor in shock, as a tear fell down my cheek. Chad's smile disappeared as he noticed my disappointment. "Please don't be sad, it's not like I'll forget you or anything." He pulled me into a massive hug, giving me an extra tight squeeze. "I'll ring you everyday, and we can Skype all the time, this won't change anything Claudia." I nodded in his arms, as he rubbed his hand over my arm. "I've got to go and pack, I'm flying out in two hours." Chad pulled away from me, holding my arms and looking into his arms. "I love you Claudia, thank you for everything."

"I love you too, go and make it boy!" He kissed my forehead, walking out the door, as I grabbed my fluffy blanket, curling into a ball on the sofa, crying my eyes out.

Present Day...

Empty promises. That's all it was. The first few days I let him off, 'he's busy,' I'd tell myself as my call went to answerphone once again. I got a few short texts here and there, but slowly he started disappearing out of my life. Every day for three months I dialled up the familiar number that belonged to his contact, one of our many cheesy selfies popping up, but yet there was no reply on the other end of the line.

I sat back one night as he teamed up with a man called Jason Jordan in a title match. My heart was full of pride, as I heard his voice for the first time in months in one of his interviews, his cute grin breaking my heart, as their arms were raised in victory, the gold belts shining. The moment was something he had dreamed of, something we had always discussed. The excitement was too much as I pressed the green phone icon. Three...four...five times I tried to get a response that night, but it was that night of ignorance that burned out the fire in my heart. Chad was gone. The promises he made on my sofa had vanished into dust, there were empty, just words he said in an attempt to make me feel better.

The weeks and months turned out to two years, and whilst the majority of people would forget and move on, when you see the man who is supposed to be your best friend on television it is very hard. A couple of months ago Chad had been called up to the main roster. I gave it a stab in the dark, but as expected, nothing.

"Congratulations on being the newest recruit Claudia, welcome to Smackdown." I shook Shane's hand, signing on the dotted line, as I was handed my official WWE clothes wear. I left the office, making my way to the female locker room. I wasn't wrestling tonight, I just had a small promo to do to announce my debut next week. All my dreams had accumulated to this moment when I would finally step foot into a WWE arena. I didn't know anyone, well except Chad, but after years of nothing I felt as if I didn't know the first thing about him. I couldn't even recall his birthday anymore.

"Ladies and gentleman, please welcome my guest at this time, Claudia." I walked into shot with Renee, who I had met earlier in the night. She seemed lovely and I knew I was going to get along with her. "Claudia, first of all welcome to the WWE, secondly what can you tell the WWE universe to expect from your debut here next week?"

"Well Renee, thank you very much. But let me throw down the gauntlet now, I am here for one reason, and that is gold. I'm here living my dreams, and nobody is going to stop me now, I've worked too hard for too long to give this up. I have millions of people supporting me, and I'm not going to let them down." Renee moved the microphone away from my mouth, grinning.

"Well we all can't wait to see you next week, back to you Mauro."

"Cut." The director yelled as the lights on the camera went off. Renee pulled me into a massive hug.

"Girl that was great, even I'm excited for next week now." I released my grip from her, smiling.

"Thanks Renee, I'm beyond excited."

"I've got to go, but I'll see you around." Renee walked away from the little room, being ushered back to make up for her next promo. I walked in the opposite direction, looking for somewhere where I could find food.

"Claudia?" I looked up and stopped in shock. In front of me was none other than Chad. His smile was just as cute as I remembered, his hair a couple of inches longer, his biceps bulging. "I cant believe it's you. What are you doing here? Why are you doing a promo?"

"I work here," I said in disbelief, neither of us bold enough to move.

"That's amazing, look at us both." He smiled over at me, but all the pain meant I just couldn't bring myself to smile back. "Aren't you happy?"

"For me? Yeah, I'm ecstatic. For you? Not so much."

"I know what you're feeling and what you want to say to me. Can we just go and sit down somewhere?" I nodded as he walked towards catering, as I followed behind him.

We sat down at a two seat table in the corner of catering. "I'm sorry." He told me.

"Is that all you have to say? Do you remember what you said to me when you left all those years ago." He nodded, burying his head in his hands. "You've caused me so much sadness and pain, I called you every day, just like you promised for months, but not once did you pick up! Why weren't you just honest with me?"

"I was scared. I missed you, I didn't know what to do. I knew if I heard your voice I would just want to come home and be back with my best friend." I shook my head, laughing sarcastically in anger. Chad propped his head back up, fiddling with the ring on his finger.

"You're married?" I asked. He nodded over at me.

"Yeah, her name is Kate, and she's amazing. We've got a great house in Tampa, and an awesome life together." I couldn't quite believe just how much he had moved on from me. "That didn't stop me thinking about you all the time."

"Good for you," I muttered. "If you thought about me you'd have given up one, two minutes of your day to let me know how you were or what was going on."

"Do you think I haven't thought about all of this. I've played this scenario out in my mind for years, thinking about what to say to you, how I could ever make it up to you." He looked across from me at the table, staring over at me. "I really want to make it up to you Claudia, I want us to go back to how we were, how we used to be."

"Baby steps Chad, you've got so much making up to do, you hurt me, much more then you'll ever know, but whatever happens at home, or here at work together, you'll always be my best friend, I love you too much to ever let you go."

"I'll never leave your side Claudia, I love you so much bestie." He came over and hugged me, kissing the side of my head.