John Cena and Mickie James for ShaiButta #Throwback

There was something about her that just made me go weak at the knees. Perhaps her legendary status, or perhaps just her flawless beauty and perfection in the ring. Mickie James was just amazing, she was an inspiration. But there was one thing she wasn't, mine. She was walking past me, her bouncing perfectly down to roughly her shoulders, with light makeup applied. "John, just tell her man," Chavo commented snapping me out of my daze. My eyes fixated on watching Mickie.

"It isn't that easy dude, I'm scared she'll reject me. Not want me. I can't deal with that happening I'm one of the faces of this company, I'll be damaged if she doesn't want me." I knew he was just being a good friend, but no one understood how hard this was for me, including Chavo.

"I know its hard man, but you wanna know how she feels, you're gonna have to make the first move unfortunately, be a man, be confident John Cena." That confident man just wasn't in me when it came to Mickie. I was a mess whenever I was around her, I couldn't bring myself to talk to her about my feelings for her, or a relationship. "Just be calm, act natural, and then bring it slowly into the conversation. Don't make it obvious and you'll be fine."

I thought long and hard about telling Mickie. There was always the possibility it may work, but sadly there was the possibility it may not. I wasn't a risk taker, I didn't want to damage my reputation. But I was willing to put my reputation on the line, just for Mickie, because I wanted Mickie, I needed Mickie. I wanted her to be a part of my life. "I'm gonna do it Chavo. I'm gonna tell her how I feel." Chavo smiled at me.

"Well go on then. Good luck hope it goes well." I shook his hand before wandering off to try and find Mickie.

After twenty minutes of searching I found her sat in a group with Kelly, Maryse, and Michelle. I approached them with confidence, trying to play it subtle like Chavo adviced me to. "Hey girls." I sat down in between Mickie and Michelle, pulling a stool up. "So what are you girls up to?" I asked. They all pulled odd faces at me.

"What do you want John? Maryse asked me, clearly wishing I wasn't there with them right now. The girls all shared the same opinion as they nodded their heads at Maryse's question.

"I actually wanted to talk to Mickie, if that is okay." Mickie looked over at me smiling flashing her bright white teeth, so I smiled back.

"Yeah sure we'll leave you two to it." Kelly said, as the three girls got up and left, leaving me alone with Mickie.

"So, what's up John?" Her country accent made me turn to jelly, as I struggled to maintain my composure being around her.

"I like you. I mean, like like you Mickie." Subtle John. I blurted out my confession, immediately embarrassed, ignoring all of the good advice Chavo had given me, and instead making a fool of myself. I didn't know what else today apart from run away from my problem and leave Mickie stood there alone. I ran back to where I was talking to Chavo, so I could tell him how badly it went.

"Chavo!" I shouted again at the top of my voice. "I just made a huge mistake. I didn't follow your advice, I basically blurted it out and ran away from her." I rambled all my words out panicking.

"What do you mean you just blurted it out?" He asked, what did he think I meant.

"I didn't drop it into conversation or be subtle, I just came straight out with it." I was so frustrated with myself, this was my one chance and I blew it.

"Don't worry bud, I'm sure there will be another." He patted my shoulder, which I presume is a sympathetic gesture, however it didn't exactly work.

"John!" I turned around and saw Mickie running towards me. She looked like she had been running for ages trying to find. I shooed Chavo off with my hand, so me and Mickie could talk again together alone. "I've been trying to find you everywhere. I wanted to talk to you about earlier.

"Let's just forget it happened yeah." Mickie shook her head, making me feel even more stupid then I already did.

"That's the thing John, I don't want to forget earlier. I want to remember it. I need to tell you something." I swear, someone must've been looking down on me earlier, to make sure that I wasn't actually humiliating myself. "I like you too." She got up on her tip toes, as I felt her breath near my ear. "I like like you John." She whispered, before planting a kiss on my cheek. I reached forward grasping her hand in mine.