7.Recover

Recover- Ruelle can we recover

~

can we get over, this

are we too frozen inside

to feel the flame

~

I fell roughly to the floor, nearly splitting my chin open, I whipped around with a growl, throwing a random punch in the direction I thought he'd be in but he was a blur before he materialized behind me, I could feel his impatience drifting off him in waves.

"Sky-"

"Don't say it" I interrupted him, folding my arms "You're holding back aren't you?" he cocked his head to the side

"Give me everything you got" I didn't need his pity, as much as I didn't need his sympathy.

His eyes hardened just as he became a blur and before I knew it a crippling pain erupted in my stomach as I bent over, coughing up my lungs, I heard his movement, a slight whoosh in the air and I spun as quickly as I could out of his way.

"You're merely running from me Sky," he said, irritation lacing his words, I huffed, massaging my abdomen as I did to lessen the ache.

he was so irritating

I took deep breaths, the infuriating man not taking his eyes off me for a moment as I regained my strength, his eyes seemed so expressive at one moment then so . . cold the next, it was as confusing as it was alluring.

Without warning I went in for the kill, delivering a blow to the stomach and wrapping my arm around his neck, he easily evaded me, bring his elbow down on my midsection. hard. And spinning us until he was free and I was a disorientated mess on the floor with a headache that made my vision blurry.

I cursed aloud, all these years of training and I still couldn't keep a stupid vampire detained for mere seconds.

"Rome wasn't built in a day love" he told me in a voice that was meant to offer comfort, but instead I schooled my expression, moving to the corner to sulk and tend to my wounds. He walked towards me, slow and sensual, the muscles in his body moving fluently with grace.

God, he was a sight. Today his hair was in twists, caught up in a bun, showcasing his sharp angular face.

He stooped to my level, hazel eyes dancing over my form "Drink" he commanded, pushing his arm with a self-inflicted wound in my direction, I stared at him in absolute horror, then at the crimson liquid peaking from the  scar, my mind ran on what I saw him do to that woman in the club a few nights back and my stomach turned.

He tsked, moving his hand when the wound healed completely"I see you're still weary "

"No, I'm a warrior, I'm used to being in discomfort, I don't need whatever poison you have in your body" I couldn't keep the bite from my words.

This was without a doubt infuriating, the vampire I had taken down that night was nothing like Ross, it made me uneasy, it made me fearful.

He knew exactly where I lived without me telling him, I didn't just put myself in danger when I took his bait, I put my friends, my entire team and what was left of the human world in the palm of his bloodsucking hands.

For a moment I couldn't breathe, this was so much bigger than me.

"I know I have no choice but to help you" I knew, either way, I was fucked, if he was in fact right and nosferatu's were in charge of us then me telling them about Ross would only bring about my death and maybe even my roommates since they were so close to me. If he was wrong then that meant they wouldn't know how to kill a nosferatu's either and we'd be in deep shit.