4. Caught In a Bad Dream

Bad Dream - Ruelle

~

'feels like i'm falling, into a world

I can't control

  I hear it calling, down in my soul

gripping my bones

it won't let go

~

I came to with a sharp breath and an awareness that I wasn't in my room, I sat up reaching for the stake in my boot, I came up empty handed and my heart hammered in my chest as the night before slammed into me.

"No need to be frightened love" A deep voice called from behind me and I froze, turning slowly to see light brown eyes trained on me, and a slight smirk on lips the shape of seduction "You however should warn me if you can keep our little secret" I slid along the bed away from him as he strode into the room.

I felt him even from across the room and I slapped myself for the not noticing it lastnight, the aura he gave off without a doubt spoke to power. I couldn't help but stare at him and marvel at a vampire that was competent and with a jolt I touched my neck feeling the smooth skin beneath my fingers.

His very existence went against everything i'd been taught, Vampires only had one thing on their mind and that was blood and a natural instinct to hide from the sun, but here a Vampire stood before me . . talking and hadn't even reach to tap into the jumping artery at my neck.

"Don't look so startled Love, Many of us are like this, however we aren't called vampires, we're nosferatu's"

"Succubus, dracula, vampire, parasites, nosferatu, you're all the same blood sucking demons" I all but roared, the thought of a vampire being able to formulate words beyond me.

"I staked you, you should be dead!" He had the audacity to laugh "Oh love, you have much to learn, your flimsy stake can't kill me" I gaped at him open mouthed, everything i'd learned turning into rubbish before my very eyes.

you've been lied to your entire life

I couldn't call him a liar, he had shown me the truth, those unmistakable fangs, I glared at him "What is it that you want?" I questioned, trying my hardest not to let my voice falter. He leaned against the wall with his arms folded, eyeing me up and down.

"The last time I told you something you didn't like you shoved a stake in my heart" he countered, those eyes dancing with mischief and my glare intensified "But here you are walking and talking so I highly doubt you suffered much" I shot back and his lips twitched.

"Fair enough" he shrugged pushing himself from the wall to stride towards the bed, I backed up against the bedpost as he loomed over me "I want to forge an alliance" he declared with utmost seriousness.

"You're kidding me right?" I muttered

He smiled, a very cruel smile that made my heart stop "Better hope not Love, because your life depends on this alliance"

He seemed to realize his statement got my full attention because he nodded "Why me?"

he tsked, walking from the bed and to the door he came through "That's something i'd tell you" he told me with a grin "If I trusted you"

When he disappeared into the hall I jumped to my feet following him, it was still dark out and I watched the sensual way he walked that made the muscles in his back ripple, I shook my head looking around.