Fourteen: Surprise Visits

"So when you did the spell to send Vicki away did that get rid of Anna too?"

"I wish," Bonnie scoffs, struggling to hand a lantern on the tree. "All I did was block the magic that was helping Vicki have a physical foothold here. Jeremy still has a direct line to the other side, so as long as he wants to see Anna and she wants to see him, she's still here."

"Okay you don't think I can actually resist commenting on that," Caroline scoffs, putting a hand on her hip making her brunette friend dryly walk away.

Today was the date to celebrate the Night of Illumination, started by the founders over 150 years ago as Carol Lockwood enthusiastically informed everyone in Mystic Falls. However, this day wasn't off to that great of a start for Damon who had had a confrontation with the supposed dead Mason Lockwood. 

Speaking of Damon, he had just pulled up next to the two girls, stopping his car in front of them. Spotting Inanna in the front passenger seat, they start walking towards the vehicle.

"Greetings Blondie, witchy," The vampire acknowledges. "I think you got your voodoo wires all crossed when you got rid of Vicki Donovan."

"What do you mean why?" Bonnie asks, confused.

"Because I'm pretty sure I just got spit-roasted by Mason Lockwood's ghost."

"Why would you say that?" Caroline asks, sounding quite unintelligent to the two inside the car.

"Maybe because he tied me to a chair, shoved a hot poker in my chest," Damon sarcastically shrugs, "Let's just say I'm having déja-vu."

"I thought you said ghosts can't physically interact with people," the barbie vampire says in confusion.

"They can't," the other blonde responds shortly, sending a text to her dad.

"Yeah well, I don't have time for vengeful Lockwood. When I kill someone, they're supposed to stay dead." Damon pauses for a second as the witch gets out of the car. "Whatever you did, fix it."

He then drives off in a hurry, leaving the two best friends to stare shamelessly at Nina who was asking her dad for help. When she finally looks up, she awkwardly looks at them back before starting to walk away, causing Bonnie to follow her.

"Wait!" She calls out, catching up with her fellow witch who was nervously thinking of ways to nicely respond to her, afraid she was going to say the wrong thing and not make friends. "What's your name?"

"Um, Nina. Inanna Faye, actually."

"I'm Bonnie Bennett," the dark-skinned girl introduces before silence engulfs them. "So how long have you known you were a witch?"

"Um, since my brain could comprehend the word," Nina shrugs. "So when I was like, five."

"Wow, that's a long time," Bonnie trails off. "I didn't find out too long ago."

Inanna shrugs. "You're lucky, then. You at least got the taste of normal life." Making Bonnie agree with a nod. "So what's your special?"

"Sorry, my what?"

"Your special," the blonde repeats. "You know, astral projection, possession..."

When she sees the brunette looking confused, she adds, "Resurrection?"

"I've done that," the Bennett witch confirms. "How about you?"

"Well, elemental control is the family specialty but I guess my dad and I didn't get the memo. Daddy's really good at psychometry."

"What's that?"

"You know, divination," Bonnie grows red at her lack of knowledge. "The ability to divine future, past or present due to contact or to certain proximity with an object or person."