Twelve: Prank Gone Wrong

A clicking sound, coming from the work out machine that Matt Donovan was using, could be heard within the empty hallways of the Mystic High. Said-man finishes his exercise and gets up, stretching before stopping abruptly, thinking he heard a sound.

The blonde cautiously starts walking towards the source of the faint noise, reaching the closed door of his usual calculus class. He peeks through the small window first, and after seeing nothing but the darkness, he swings entry way open, effectively setting off hundreds of mouse traps. Later turning on the lights, he discovers all of his friends with exasperated expressions on their face.

"Aw come on, seriously!" Caroline squeaks out, her voice incredibly high pitched of frustration. "Do you know how long it took for us to set all of this up?"

"Forgot about senior prank night huh?" Tyler says.

"Clearly."

"How could forget?" The blonde vampire exclaims incredulously. "We've been waiting for this since like freshman year!"

"Yeah Matt," Elena agrees. "If I'm doing this, you're doing this."

"I'm kind of surprised any of you are doing this," he admits, scratching his head.

"Caroline's making us," Bonnie shrugs.

"We're about to be seniors. These are the memories that will stay with us forever and—" "—if we don't create these memories now then what's the point of it all?" Elena interrupts, giggling.

"Go ahead, make fun, I don't care."

"You're all lame," Tyler announces, getting up and out of the room. "And I've got ten more classrooms to prank."

Elena also exits the class, informing them that she was going to super glue Alaric's desk shut. She smiles upon exiting, seeing all her fellow seniors plotting pranks and laughing together. She continues, beaming to herself but it's wiped off when she opens the door and comes face to face with her worst nightmare.

"There's my girl," he muses, a dangerous expression on his face.

"Klaus," she gasps in horror, attempting to run away but he harshly grips her arm.

"You were supposed to be dead, what are we going to do about that?"

He starts roughly dragging her in the hallways, growing angrier by the second. "You put a rather large kink in my plans, sweetheart. The whole point of breaking the curse and becoming a hybrid was to make more hybrids. I haven't been able to do that."

"If you're going to kill me just do that," Elena spits out, struggling more in his grip when he enters they enter the gym which was filled with teens setting cups on the floor and all sorts of shenanigans. 

"Attention seniors," Klaus booms out with a fake accent. "Attention seniors, you have officialy been busted. Prank night is over. Head on home."

He then notices two familiar looking people. "Oh you two, I remember you. Dana, lift your foot up. If she drops her foot Chad, I want you to beat her to death. Understood?"

"You don't have to hurt anyone, Klaus," Elena shakes her head.

"Oh come on love, of course I do."

Dana stumbles a bit, making her scream and Klaus tut. "Keep it up."

"Where are Stefan and Gigi? What did you do to them?" The doppelganger questions.

"Stefan's on a time out and well, Rosie, I'm not sure you would like the changes that occurred in her the last couple of hours."