Chapter Fourteen- Bat-Shit Crazy

My head hurt. We drove behind Marco's car as it pulled into this massive carriage house. My mouth was agape as I stared at the mansion. Marco's house was so gigantic.

So when Marco and Daisy jumped out of the car, Daisy was already perking up. She stared at the mansion with hungry eyes.

"This is so cool," Daisy breathed.

"It actually is cool," Silvia said, begrudgingly.

  Silvia got out of the car. She wouldn't look at me. She was still mad at me for being "amoral" and "manipulative". Ugh.

  Silvia waved her arms and shouted to Marco, "How can you afford this house?"

"Pure will and determination," Marco said.

"Oh I'm sure!" Silvia said. "So, uh... are your parents celebrities or something?"

"Not that I know of."

Daisy blinked her fake eyelashes and looked up at Marco. She just kept smiling at him.

"Does that mean they are?" Daisy said.

"No," Marco said.

"Is your Dad Marilyn Manson?"

Marco shrugged. "Not unless my Mom had an affair with him."

Daisy let out a high-pitched screech, like a hyena. She punched him in the chest. "Oh my Lord! You are so hilarious!"

I hissed to myself, "Can sucking someone's blood give them psychosis?"

Silvia gasped. "Maybe... Oh no! It's all my fault! Daisy's crazy now-"

  I rolled my eyes at Silvia, because I was still mad at her. "No, I was just joking. Calm down."

"Are you sure?" Silvia said.

"Yeah. I think that Daisy's always been that stupid."

  Silvia shrugged noncommittally and looked away from me. Soon she was glaring at me again. She was sweet usually, but the girl knew how to hold a grudge. Geez.

Meanwhile, Marco yawned and led us inside and into the cavernous entranceway. His lumbering figure took up the whole doorway.

Marco said, in his rumbling baritone voice, "Daisy, go down this hallway and take a nap. It's on the far left."

"Sure thing," Daisy said softly, and started walking down the hallway. "Boy, it's been one hell of a night! I barely know how to explain this to myself! I'll have the weirdest dreams!"

"I have alcohol in the bottom-floor cabinets," Marco said to her. "Help yourself."

As Daisy walked away, Marco glowered and turned to stare at us. I awkwardly looked down at myself.

I was still wearing my tight pink clubbing skirt, and the chunky jewelry, and all the makeup. And oh great, I had no change of clothes.

"I'm feeling pretty tired-" I said, walking down the corridor.

"Wait just a minute," Marco said, softer. "I'm not done."