Chapter Twelve: Ohh, Marco...! Rescue Me...!

This had to be illegal somewhere.

"If a police officer drives by, we're in such big trouble," I murmured.

"Shush," Silvia said. She was looking up anemia on her phone. "Daisy needs iron."

"Great," I said, and glanced down, at the ground. "Aren't vampires allergic to iron?"

"What?" Silvia said. "No, June! Blood is full of iron!"

"Oh."

"Where were you in health class?"

"Honestly, I have no idea," I said.

Daisy was still passed out. She'd only been passed out for two seconds, but Silvia was already freaking out. And of course Silvia was.

My best friend was Little Miss Perfect. The Princesita. Silvia never did anything wrong. She was a perfectionist.

  But whoops! Suddenly, Silvia got hungry enough to attack an anemic girl! Talk about ironic!

"Is Daisy okay?" Silvia whispered.

"How would I know?" I said. "Do I look like some kind of genius?"

"Yes. You're my best friend."

"Oh, shut up, Silvia."

I unlocked Daisy's car. After a few moments of scrounging, I found a tiny bottle of iron supplement pills. I held it up.

Silvia grabbed the iron supplement pills and placed them in Daisy's jeans pocket. But Daisy was still out cold.

"Do we need to call 9-1-1?" I asked, more softly. "For Daisy?"

  "I don't know," Silvia whispered. Her eyes welled up with tears. "Bitch, why didn't you stop me?"

"What?" I gasped. My voice got are shrill. "Hell no. Tell me you're not blaming me."

"Of course I am!" Silvia wailed. "I was so bloodthirsty, June. I couldn't control myself-"

  "I'm your best friend, not your boss," I murmured. "I couldn't have stopped you if I tried!"

"Why didn't you try?" Silvia yelled.

"I don't know! It just happened so fast... And I figured that you'd be starving to death until you got a meal."

  "I can't believe you!" Silvia snapped at me. "What if we killed this Daisy girl?"

  "Then we're murderers," I whispered.

  "Ay dios," Silvia whispered.

That's when a car swerved off the highway, and started heading straight towards us. Silvia and I screamed and held on to each other.

Oh God! First, we killed a human! And now, we were about to get hit by a car!

"No!" I yelled.

Then I opened my eyes again. By some miracle, the car hadn't hit us at all. Instead, it had parked in the ditch, right next to us. The driver rolled down the window.