If You Do

Warning: Kind of a cliche chapter. Might make you cringe. And the title was inspired by Got7's song "If You Do" :-) my babes yugyeom and bambam looked so good in the music video i cry.

It was silent. Everyone was either sleeping or staring at the campfire. Jill was sitting in her tent, probably trying to forget what just happened. Something was going on with Phil, Aliyah was making sure he was sane though.

"Dan! D-Dan! Dan!" Phil started muttering.

"Dan is okay, he'll be back. Dan is safe," Aliyah comforts Phil, wrapping a blanket around him.

My lips press together, feeling worried for Dan. Is he in danger? Did he eat? Is he bleeding? Could he have gotten into a fight with Joey? I couldn't trust my thoughts, I can't trust anyone. Maybe I can't even trust myself.

"You okay? Here have this," Harry taps my shoulder, sitting next to me, handing me a granola bar.

"Thanks," I look down at the bar in my hand, messing with it's wrapper.

Harry frowns, rubbing my back, "let's have a talk, shall we?" He innocently smiles at me.

I nod my head, following him. We told the others we wouldn't be far, just to look for some food. Once we were at a distance, we found a big rock not too far from the campsite. Harry climbed onto it, sitting down and staring at the scenery. I followed his steps by sitting next to him.

"The sky looks nice like this. I always wanted to watch the sunrise with a girl I really like," Harry happily sighs.

"It's nice," I hum.

His eyes look down, "I'll be okay. I'll be fine if you tell me what you're thinking Bella."

"W-What?" I question, looking up at Harry.

"No one goes out alone in the forest and comes back with a guy for so long, for absolutely nothing. Dan and you... You like him. You're attracted to him. I'm okay with it, I've known for a while," Harry continues to watch the sunrise.

"Harry..." He cuts me off.

"You look at him the way I look at you. He looks at you like you're the last pinch of air he'll ever have. You smile whenever you're around him, and you argue like a married couple. It's quite cute, actually. It reminds me of my sister and her boyfriend. They disgusted each other before anything ever happened, but after learning more and more about the other person, they fell in love," Harry smiles.

My eyes grow teary, "why are telling me this?"

"Because I know we're not going to be forever. People experience things, they make mistakes. That's all apart of growing up, so if growing up means to sacrifice for someone's happiness, then I think I can accept that," Harry turns his head to me.

"I'm sorry," I look down, mumbling.

Harry chuckles, "we're still friends though, I don't hate you."

"I broke our trust," I say.

"You found your happiness. It's time that I do so too," Harry smiles.

"How can I help you find your happiness?" I ask, almost desperately.

He shakes his head, "I miss my family. My mum and my sister. I'll see them soon. When I do see them, I'll be sure to let them know how much they mean to me.
I mean, a forest? Really Dan? His plan was focused in a forest," Harry chuckles once again.
"I don't know what Dan's exact plan is, but I know that I'm trying to protect my family, is it too much to ask if I want to see them again?" He sighs.

I shake my head, "it's not. You can still get to them. You can still go back without any questioning. You can call up a friend, they can pick you up. You can go see your family, start a new life."

"I can't take that chance," he shakes his head.

"And if you do? You'll see your mother, your sister, your best mates. You can get a real job instead of working for Dan, and find a girl. You can be a teacher, actor, heck even a musician if you wanted too. I've sucked so many people in this mess and now they're in danger. I would hate to witness something bad happening to you. Call up a friend if you can. I remember talking to Dan and he mentioned theres a gas station nearby. With water and a few snacks, you can make it there by walking. You can ask a friend for a ride and go home," The pace of my voice fastens as ideas pop quickly in my head.

"What about the others? What about you?" He raises his brow.

"You said you'll do anything to make me happy when we first met. Do me this favor by starting a new life and then I can be happy," I raise my head.

He looks at the scenery while thinking. I bite down on my bottom lip in anticipation for his response. Harry nods, "Alright. I'll do it."

The corners of my lips curl up into a smile. I latch myself onto Harry in a hug. I felt his arms wrap around me as well, patting my back.

"Here, I'll help you now! I can help pack, you'll be at the station in no time," I wipe off the tears from my face, smiling and getting up.

"What do I tell the others? They'll think I abandoned them," Harry raises, dusting off his pants.

"I'll cover you. I'll say there was an emergency and I sent you off for something. Please just let me do this favor for you," I beg.

Harry nods his head with a smile stuck on his face. He plants a innocent kiss on my forehead, "thank you for doing this for me, when I should really be staying here."

"I can protect myself just fine. I learned through time that every human deserves another chance at living, no matter how bad the situation is," I nod, leading the way back.

I couldn't help but think of Dan. I know his past is dark and sinful, but maybe if I just give him a chance and help out, everything will be better.

That's if we make it out alive.

A/N: ALRIGHT, HELLO EVERYONE. YES IM M.I.A A LOT. I JUST FINISHED EXAMS SO IM GOOD FOR NOW. This chapter doesn't really involve Joey or Dan but I've had this scene stuck in my head for a certain reason. Because it's Friday I'll try to get another chapter up tonight or tomorrow, including Dan and everything between the squad + Jill. Anyone have any theories? If you have any questions about the characters I'll try to answer them as soon as I can since I am a busy person nowadays, but I'll be back soon. Thank you for over 90k!!! I REALLY DID NOT EXPECT MY STORY TO GET VIEWED THAT MUCH I MEAN I DONT THINK MY WRITING IS ALL THAT GOOD BUT I APPRECIATE ALL OF YOU WHO SUPPORT THE STORY 💓 Stay healthy and look out for a new chapter! - Cassidy

(Not edited bc im a bum)