Mystery Vs Mystery

"Long time since we've talked face to face, Joseph," Dan smirks as he leans against his bed stand

"You mean since you brainwashed me?" Joey snarls at Dan's comment.

"Oh please, as if out of all the people in the world you're the innocent one here," Dan's smirk drops right after his sentence.

I can already feel the tension rise between the two. It was absolutely obvious by their looks and actions that they wanted to throw each other around till they both couldn't anymore. I usually think I'm informed with so much information but after watching these two, I know that the information I have is useless.

"Why are you here Joe? You know I'm not done with my hours yet, and don't just tell me you wanted to see me, tell me the real reason," I look back at Joey, killing the silence.

"I needed to check up on you. I can't go on my day knowing you're stuck on animal duty," he makes direct eye contact with Dan right after his last two words.

"You dick! I swear to god if I didn't get my lounge time back, your heart would have been used as my own personal stress ball," Dan furrows his brows in anger, attempting to frighten Joey.

"Your silly remarks don't scare me, Howell. I can tell you're still the same. Your crazy self, nothing but demons in your mind whispering dark lies so your brain can rot each and every minute," Joey walks closer to Dan.

"Don't you dare come near me," Dan growls, suddenly his warm brown eyes turn to a darker shade of brown, almost black.

"Is that a threat?" Joey laughs, getting closer to the patient.

"That's an order, my order," Dan forms his hand into a fist, getting ready to punch Joey, but I get in between the both of them, stopping their contact.

"Joey, leave!" I yell, my arms spread out, protecting Dan. "You shouldn't have came here in the first place, you know I'm busy and you know I nurse Dan so do us all favor and get out of here before I lose the job that pays our bills," The volume of my voice raises but not loud enough for anyone else to here.

Joey eyes me down, his eyes filled with anger. He then turns around, slowly walking out of the cell and mumbling something I couldn't make out.

"Why wasn't there anyone to stop him walk in here?" Dan's eyebrows crease.

"That's a good question, usually they're really strict about visitors," I look back at the door.

A wave of silence takes over the cell. Dan's eyes are glued onto me, but my eyes are scared to be glued onto his too. I thought being a nurse would just mean daily check ups, meds, then you relax, but that's not the case at all. Once you become a nurse at West Ham you also become a babysitter for the insane. It hurts knowing that Joey is going beyond on my wishes just to make Dan feel guilty or some type of way as I assume for revenge when they used to work together. What I wonder the most is, why did Dan give Joey an order if Joey doesn't work for him anymore? What is he trying to prove.

"My time is coming to an end," Dan says breaking the silence that tends to haunt most others.

"What do you mean...?"

"It's almost time for you to leave," his eyes move to the door to me, ending his sentence with a smirk.

"Oh, oh yeah!" I let out a nervous laugh, gathering some things.

I take a few steps to the door but before I can exit, his voice stops me.

"So my favorite nurse is going to leave without giving me a hug?" His voice grows deeper, I didn't have to turn myself around to confirm his grin but I did anyways.

"I'm not a nurse to give hugs to my patients," I say sassily, wondering where most of this confidence is coming from.

"Ah, well look at that! Seems like your shift's over which means you're just sweet ole Arabella," he widens his arms out for a hug.

I cringe at the sound of my full name but deciding to give him a hug anyways. If I'm going to be taking care of Dan now, might as well get on his good side now, right? I wouldn't wanna upset him, letting out the caged demon.

His hug was warm-ironic due to the coldness of his heart. I feel his chin rest on my head, and his arms wrapped around my body, any harder of a squeeze and he could possibly hurt me. I didn't take into consideration that he could hurt me over a hug, but I decided for just this once to treat him like an actual person.

"Goodbye Arabella," he lifts his head up, letting me go. This guy was filled with so much confidence, the confidence I envied if I were around my family and peers.

"Goodbye Mr Howell," I look back at him, taking one last look at the insane man.

"Call me Dan from now on," his voice is loud but his eyes show a thrill.

"Don't flatter yourself so much Howell," I say jokingly. His eyes roll and he clears his throat, shoving his hands into the pockets of his pants.

"That's an order, Miss Arabella, my order."

— Mostly edited ~