Chapter 19

Zayn's POV

We were ready to go to the boardwalk with Lexi and she couldn't be anymore excited than she was now.

"Uncle Zayn are we gonna leave yet?" She asks for the fifth time in 10 minutes.

"Yes cutie I just need to get your car seat in"

"But I don't like my car seat, I want to be a big girl." She says pouting.

"I'm sorry but in a couple years you'll get to be a big girl" I say lifting her up and placing her in her car seat. Perrie gets I and we're all ready to leave.

***at the boardwalk***

I just won Lexi I giant furry teddy bear that is just as tall as her, it was funny watching carrying it and pouting whenever one of the feet hit the ground.

"Aunty Perrie can you hold my teddy bear please?" Lexi asks looking up towards Perrie.

"Of course darling" She says taking the teddy best out of Lexi's arms. Then we continued to walk when Lexi suddenly stopped.

"Uncle Zayn can I please have some cotton candy" Lexi says pleading knowing what my answer will be.

"Sorry cutie but you get very jumpy at night when you eat sugar" I say picking her up. She puts her tiny hands around my neck and rests her head on my chest. We continue to walk on the boardwalk playing games and getting at least 100 teddy bears for Lexi which Perrie has to carry. We've been at the boardwalk for 2 hours riding rides and playing games.

"Um Zayn isn't that the paparazzi" Perrie nervously.

"Shit" I mutter under my breath as I pick up Lexi and we start to walk a little faster. The pap eventually catch up to us and surround with their cameras blinding us. I started to hear Lexi faintly cry and grip onto my neck tighter. As men start shoving their cameras in my face something bumps into my arms which causes Lexi to fall from my arms.

I tried to find Lexi and when I did I swiftly picked her up and tried moving out with Lexi in a tight grip in one arm and holding Perrie's hand. Suddenly I felt a strong arm over my shoulder, I flinched then realizing it was Paul, I let him lead us away to the opposite side of the boardwalk.

"Are you guys okay?" he asks concerned and looking at Lexi who was sniffling and crying into my shirt as I held her tight. I sat down on bench and took a deep breath.

"Yeah we're fine, but how did you find us here?" I say rubbing Lexi's back in soothing circles.

"Well the paps were following you for about half a hour, so I drove here in case something happens, lucky I did" He says

"Thanks" I mutter.

"You're very lucky Zayn, Lexi could've gotten hurt." Paul said slowly. I looked at little Lexi and saw her still sniffling with a few tears still coming out if her eyes.

I gently picked as she rubbed her face in my shirt getting the tears all over it, I didn't mind at all it kinda felt nice having a little 4 year old hug like if she let go she would get hurt. Now I finally realize Louis and his protective ways against Lexi.

Which reminds me that he'll flip when he finds out what happened. Louis will never let me babysit Lexi again.

"Well I better get going I'll keep an eye out though just in case" Paul says snapping me out of thoughts.

"Alright see you bud" I say with a small smile.

Okay Lexi you feeling better" I ask carefully as she lifts her head from my shirt. "Well Uncle Zayn I would feel a lot better with some COTTON CANDY" Lexi says screaming the last part. I laugh.

"Glad to know someone feels better" Perrie says also laughing we walk to the cotton candy booth, I go with Lexi to buy cotton candy while Perrie sits down spreading all the teddy bears out and stretching her arms.

We bought Lexi cotton candy then went straight home, Lexi fell asleep in the car and Perrie just jumped in bed and got knocked out. I for one am also tired so I'll video call Lou tomorrow. I slowly drift off into a deep sleep forgetting everything that happened today.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

DO NOT HATE ME FOR NOT UPDATING IVE BEEN VERY BUSY!!!!! But I am really sorry guys . Anyway what are your thoughts on paparazzi in this chapter. YIKES!!! So this is late but what did you think of the Midnight Memories music vid, I loved it. What was your fav part, mine was when all the boys were on the boat laughing and being crazy.

3 comments 5 votes 7 reads to update