Beginning of the End

Chapter 20

*Scarlett's POV*

I woke up again around 11:20 to people talking very loud and music playing. I kinda figured I should get up and get ready for the day.

I get out of Kellin's bunk and made my way to the bathroom. I knocked to see if anyone was in it. There was no answer so I went in.

I look at myself in the mirror and saw that my hair was all over the place. My makeup that I had worn the other day kind of smeared. I let out a frustrating sigh and began to wash my face.

Once I finished washing my face, I saw that there still was a small bruise under my eye and a tiny cut. Nothing that makeup couldn't hide.

Since I didn't have my makeup bag on me, I decided that I would just brush my teeth first and then get my makeup bag. And that's what I did.

After I brushed my teeth, I looked in the mirror one more time before exiting. Once I got out, I was met by Justin who was waiting to use the bathroom.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't know you had to go, I would've gotten out sooner. I'm re-" I started but then Justin stopped me.

"It's fine kid. I wasn't waiting that long. You're all good. Don't worry about it." He said with a smile.

"Oh. Um okay. I'm still sorry." I say quietly.

"Don't be." He said, taking a quick glance at my eye and then back at me. He just smiled and went into the bathroom.

I let out a small sigh. Can I ever do anything right?

I went back to the bunks and went straight to my bunk. Since I didn't sleep in it, the bunk was still made and my bags were still ontop. I opened one of the bags Erin gave me, which had nude makeup. There was also a hand held mirror which could really help me right now.

I grabbed the makeup bag and went to the back lounge. I opened the door for the back lounge and saw Nick there with his guitar.

"Oh I'm sorry, I didn't know anyone was back here." I said and turned around to leave.

"No it's fine, I'm just working on some stuff for our new record. You wanna hear?" He said.

"Oh sure I guess." I said, shyly.

I timidly went by him and he handed me the headphones. He started to play with some cords for about 5 minutes. I told him that it was good but it was missing something. He said that he agreed. Then we started talking about music for about 20 minutes until he got a call.

"I'll be back." He said with a smile and left.

I started to hum the melody of the song I jus heard. It was actually quite catchy. It sounded edgy and in a weird way.

Stop trying to act like you know what you know what you're talking about, a voice said.

I just rolled my eyes. Sometimes these stupid voices got on my goddam nerves.

Maybe if I died, these voices would shut up, I thought.

I laughed to myself. But then a thought occurred to me.

I grabbed a nearby pad and pencil and began to write something.

Maybe I'm better off dead.
If I was, would it finally be enough to shut out all those voices in my head?
Maybe I'm better off dead.
Better off dead!
Did you hear a word, hear a word I said?

That's when I heard a knock on the door. I looked up and saw Kellin there smiling at me.

"You busy kid?" He asked.