I Can't Believe It

Chapter 3

*Scarlett's POV*

I arrived home later that day to Josh complaining that I had forgotten the meat. I only apologized and then he sent me down to the basement where I was usually sent.

I wouldn't necessarily call this my bedroom. You're supposed to feel comfortable in your room, but I wasn't at all.

I laid on the spring mattress and just thought about everything that had happened.

Jaime was here. In Chicago. The same place I was at. I saw him.

There were no words to explain how I was feeling right now. I don't know if I wanted to be happy because he was here and now he knows I'm alive. Or if I should be terrified that he knows I'm here and might tell one of the guys.

I honestly can't believe I just saw Jaime. My heart was racing, my head was spinning.

Just then, I received a text from one of my closest friends, Shane, here. When I moved here, Josh changed my number when he bought me a new phone. So I gave this number to Shane.

Shane was the first "friend" I made here when I was kidnapped. He was 4'11, had black hair and blue eyes. He was a pretty chill guy but still had his moments of when his anger got the best of him. He was super short and I always teased him about it. He was really nice to me though and he played soccer. Every girl liked him except me. He's cute but just not my type. I guess that's what made him find me interesting. He said it was "refreshing" that I didn't want to "suck him off". Ever since then we've been good friends.

From Shane
To Scarlett: YO SCAR! What are you doing kid?

From Scarlett
To Shane: Not much, just working on some homework. How bout you?

I sent the message and let out a sigh of frustration. Of course I never told Shane what was happening in my life. There's no way in hell I could just go up to him and say "Hey, so I basically grew up with a strange man who I thought was my real dad, but he wasn't so now my actual father has kidnapped, raped and abused me. Ever since he found me we came to Chicago trying to distance ourselves because he didn't want anyone taking me away from him. How's your day?"

Do you realize how weirded out, scared and confused he would be? I'm even confused about this. But I have to keep everything bottled up and keep this a dirty little secret.

Because in reality, I was Josh's dirty little secret. That only annoyed me even more.

Then I heard my phone dinged. I looked at it to find that Shane texted me back. I opened my phone and red the text.

From Shane
To Scarlett: Oh nothing, just have some juicy gossip about a certain someone's crush. (;

From Scarlett
To Shane: Are you talking about my certain crush? What did you find out? What happened? How do you know? Spill?!

I sent the text and felt my heart pound out of my chest. I hope he was talking about him.

Him being my crush. My crush being Mark Jackson. He was taller than me, maybe around 5'8. He had blue eyes, black hair and always was wearing band shirts. He was also your typical bad boy. Always late to class, never did homework, talked back to the teachers, but he was also very sweet, funny and caring.

I knew this because I have him for algebra class and general music class. I honestly suck at algebra and it was my first week there at that school. Mark had just came in, 15 minutes late, and made eye contact with me.

~flashback~

"Mark its nice to see you actually showed up today." Mrs. Valentin said, trying to scold this 'Mark' kid but he just laughed and shrugged it off.

Then he looked at me. At first I didn't think he was staring at me or that I had something on my face. I just looked away so he wouldn't see me blush.

The girl next to me was busy working on the math problem while I was just struggling to figure out what the hell was going on. Then just when I thought I had the answer, I heard fast shuffling next to me. Turned to my left and saw that, the girl next to me was moving and was getting replaced by the boy.

"Hey beautiful, your new here, aren't you?" The boy had said, sitting next to me.

"Yes I am new." I said.

"Obviously because that's my seat sweetheart." He said with a sly smile, leaning a little closer to me.

"Okay, two things. One, don't call me sweetheart or beautiful. Second, I don't see your name anywhere on this seat or this table, darling." I sassed back.

I wasn't in the mood for this really cute but obnoxious boy. Josh had dug his nails into my wrist because I woke up late for my first day of school. Also I talked back to him on the way to school, telling him I hated the fact that he just thought he could take me away from my actual father. He yelled at me, saying he was my father and Kellin was just a poser. Some thing were said and now I have a bruise on my stomach and a hickey above my boob.

"Oh this little lady is feisty. You know I like girls who play hard to get." Mark said, bringing me back to reality.

"And I like guys who aren't so close to me and aren't fuckboys." I said, sending him a fake smile.

He let out a small chuckle and backed away. Once he sat down, I turned my head and got a better look at him. He had black, flippy hair. Green/Hazel eyes and he was wearing a plain white tshirt with a blue jean jacket. He was also ripped jeans and white, plain Jordans.

"Okay cutie," he said after a while, "tell you what. I'll stop calling you beautiful and sweetheart AND help you with math if you let me sit next to you."

"What makes you think I need help with my math?" I sassed back.

"Your doing the math wrong." He said with a chuckle.

I looked down at my work but really couldn't understand why it was wrong. I sighed and put my head on the desk. I heard a little laugh and then I felt his hand on my back. I gasped and moved away from him.

"Woah chill it's okay." Mark said, raising his arms in defense.

"Sorry I just." I started but decided against that, " nevermind. You can sit here. Just don't touch me or call me beautiful, cutie, sweetheart or anything like that, okay?" I said.

"Sure thing angel." I smirked at me, grabbed a chair and took my notebook.

"I told you not to call me anything like that." I said, giving him a skeptical look.

"Those other things were flirts and compliments. Angel is something you are." He said, smiling a shy smile.

"Whatever," I said with a small blush, "help me with math Mr. Flirt."

"Sure thing Mrs. Sassy." He said, laughing a little.

And so, that's when this "Mark" kid became my crush.

~end of flashback~

I smiled at the memory. This is one of the good things that has happened to me.

"Scarlett did you finish the stupid laundry?" I heard Josh yell from upstairs.

"Yes I did." I yelled back at him, sighing about how stupid he is.

"Then where the fuck is it, you worthless piece of shit! Get up here now!" He said.

"I'm coming." I yelled and got off my bed.

"You will be when I'm done with you." I said, laughing at his own stupid joke.

I just shuddered and resisted the urge to drink the bleach that was only inches away from my bed.

(A/N) Hello all! I'm sorry that I left for a bit. I jus got caught up in school work and couldn't find time to write. But here you go! Another awesome (I think) chapter for all you beautiful people!
Also shoutout to @criedsoul !! She is playing Shane in my story! Thanks for the people who submitted their characters for my book. If your character isn't in the chapter, don't worry I didn't forget. I will add the characters in different parts of my story so don't worry :3 I didn't forget fam!
Anyways you all know by now, vote, comment, and tell people bout my book. I love you all and yea
Peace ✌️