Chapter 4

"Jonah? I can't talk now he said he'll be here in a couple minutes. Bye!" I whisper hanging the phone up.

I hear a faint sound of keys jingle and Gabe enters.

"Hel-looooo." He greets, stumbling past me.

"Lie down before you hit your head."

"Ok-k. Only if you join meeee." He slurs. Hiccuping along the way.

He falls on the bed, his eyelids slowly closing.

"Gabe." I slap his chest but he doesn't move.

I grab my keys and go to my room. I take out my phone and begin to dial a number.

"Jonah he's passed out cold." I whisper.

"U knocked him out or what?" He responds.

"No, just drank too much."

"As soon as he wakes up. You guys need to make the ransom video. The faster you make it, the faster I-we get our money. I'm losing my patience scar." He instructs.

"I know that's what I've been saying. But he's so interested in drinking till he's unconscious."

"Fuck, I know he's huge but make him do the video already." Jonah growls.

"Yeah yeah. But he'll probably get the same hangover he's been getting for the past 3 days."

"Just speed up the process alright?"

I hang up the phone and toss it onto the nightstand. I never ever had a good phone. Jonah said we couldn't risk them tracking our calls. New phone every month.

-

A little feeling inside me ached for alcohol. So I went into the little fridge on my room.

All I found was some trashy wine that tasted like vanilla.

Then I heard something. The sound of the bed creaking.

"Gabe?" I opened the door that connected our rooms together and saw him rubbing his temples.

"Yeah?" He mumbled.

"Ready to make the video?"

"Buy me something greasy and I'll make it."

"Fine." I grabbed the phone installed in our room and dialed a number. One of the numbers on the list glued to the desk was dedicated to food service.
"Hi can I get the double meat cheeseburger, the fish filet, and two coca colas?"

"Yes you'll be up in 10 minutes ok!" I hung up and turned to Gabriel who was chugging a water bottle.

"Now? We have ten minutes."

"After."

"No I'm tired of you putting this off. I wanna get this over with. Don't you want your cash already?!" I spat raising my voice.

"You're right."

"No! Don't you want the money then you can go gamble and- wait did you say I was right."

"Yes Scarlet, I'm done making excuses."

"Good." I grab a disposable phone and toss it to him.

He sets it up in place.

"Wait don't get the hotel wall patterns. They could find what hotel we're staying at."

He nods and faces it towards the window.

"Hey tie a rag around your mouth. There's one in my bag. On the camera they were only able to see your nose and your eyes. So we'll just cover the bottom part of your face."

I go into Gabes bag to retrieve the rag and do what he says.

"I'll tie something around your wrists. To make it more believable, y'know?"

I sigh and nod as he pulls another tie and loops it around my hands.

I go sit in the corner where I'm barely noticeable, while he slides his mask on and starts the video.

"I have her tied up. If you want her back, wire me a sum of 200,00 dollars. If you refuse to pay she shall be killed."

I faked a little muffled scream, kicking my legs.

Then the video ended.

"You know." He said ripping off the mask.
"I forgot how much 200,00 dollars was." He gets up out of his chair.

"Hm?" I hum.

He starts walking towards me, crouching down to my level. He pulls my hair back. And leans closer, wrapping his meaty fingers around my throat.

"What the hell." I mutter through the rag.