Chapter 27: finally happy again

Alex's p.o.v

He treats me like I mean something. Maybe not being with Chandler is the best thing for me. There's nothing I can do about it. He said it himself. He doesn't love me.

Am I meant to be with Gray?

Gray's p.o.v

She's just sitting there. Her hands wrapped around a mug full of coffee. She's staring blankly towards me.

"Alex, are you ok?" I ask.

"What.. oh yea. I'm fine."

"You don't seem so sure. Is there something on your mind?" I ask again.

"Yes Gray. I'm ok." She reassures me.

"Alright well why don't you finish your coffee before it gets cold?" I reply.

She slowly looks down at her coffee. She then stands up and walks it over to the sink and dumps it.

"Why don't we go do something? Maybe we can get your mind off of whatever you're thinking about. Ok?" I smile.

"Yea that's fine I guess. I'll go get dressed." She slowly starts to walk upstairs.

Alex's p.o.v
~~~~~~~~~~
I silently sit in front of the mirror in my bedroom. There are still pictures that I've printed of Chandler and I taped on the sides of the mirror. They're surrounded by white lights. There's pictures of us laughing, kissing, making stupid faces, and more. I probably won't get that back.

I then get dressed into a black tank top, blue shorts, and my white converse. I put on the necklace that Chandler bought me and I slowly make my way back downstairs.

"Hey, you ok?" Gray asks.

"Yea. I'm fine. Let's go." I reply.

We get into the car, and I buckle my seatbelt.

"Well where do you want to go?" He looks at me.

"Can we hurt drive for now? I want to take in the fresh air and the wind." I reply as I rest my hand on my chin and look out the window.

I close my eyes, listen to the radio, and just feel the wind that flows on my face. It's silent. Soon it starts to rain.

"Can we go to the fountain? I like the different colors that are there." I ask.

"Of course we can. We can go eat after that if you want?" He smiles.

"Yea. We can go eat after." I reply.

We drive for a bit longer before we park on the side of the road. I walk towards the fountain that shoots out different colors of water.

I sit on the bench and just watch the different colors that flow out of the fountain. I see green, blue, purple, red, and orange. The rain falls onto my hair which is soon drenched. I don't notice though. I focus on the details of the water fountain. I then get tapped on the shoulder.

"Hey you've been sitting here for 30 minutes. You ready to go eat? You're pretty soaked." Gray asks.

"Wait we've been here for that long? Yea. Let's go eat." I had lost track of time.