Chapter 7: date with the babysitter

Alex's p.o.v.
~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up the next morning to find Chandler in the bed.. I told him about this.. It was nice. I didn't want to ruin the moment. I woke him up and asked if he wanted breakfast.

"Yes my dear." He joked.

I made him some pancakes with some syrup on top. I brought up his food and put it on his lap. He fell back to sleep again so I flicked him in the face to quickly wake him up.

"Ow jerk."

"Eat." I pointed at the plate piled with pancakes.

"Damn sassy. So whatcha wanna do today?"

"I don't know. How about we just stay here for the day and just.. Chill?" I suggested.

"Ok. But what are we going to do here?"

"I don't know." I shrugged.

"We'll figure it out."

About an hour passed and we sat in the house doing nothing.

"Hey Alex?"

"What's up?"

"You mind if I run home real quick and grab some more clothes?"

"Sure go ahead. I don't mind. I think I'm old enough to at least sit in my house alone for an hour or so."

I sat home twiddling my thumbs and scrolling through social media until Chandler came back.

He came in and set his bag down and pulled out.. Wine.

"Uh Chandler you can't drink. You're 16."

"Shh. It'll be our little secret, and I'm not 16 yet." He said as he looked through the cupboards and pulled out 2 wine glasses.

"I'm not uh drinking." I said pushing the glass away.

"Not even one?"

"No."

"Can you try a sip of mine?"

"Just one sip."

One sip lead to 1 glass. That lead to half the bottle being gone because of us.

"So Chandler?"

"What's up?"

"What's with the tattoos and piercings?"

"Oh well.. My parents died about 3 years ago, and that's kind of when I stopped giving a shit about anything."

He showed me the first one he's ever gotten. His parents names and the dates of birth and death.

"I'm so sorry."

"Yea, so what's up with your dad?"

"I don't know."

"What do you mean?"

"He left my mom before I was even born. He wasn't at the hospital when I opened my eyes for the first time. He just disappeared."

Our talk went on for about an hour. I guess I fell asleep because it was like 5:00 pm when I woke up to Chandler playing video games.

"I don't have video games."

" I got em from my house."

"Can I join?"

"Sure but get ready for that ass beatin." He laughed.

"In your dreams." I grabbed a controller.

We played cod. Pretty much what all teenagers do on cheesy dates.. But this wasn't a date. I'm just with a teenager, at my house, playing video games, and talking trash on each other.

I'm on a date with my babysitter..

Oh the wait and the love