November 26

26th November 2552

Why had to be so muddy? I thought as my legs swum across the mud and I could feel the dirt seeping into my skin. But I seriously thought I was about to die when i saw an apple tree, with the SAME apple in my dream!! There it was, that magnificant apple. Too surreal but I ignored the others and I ran to wards it, mud splashing onto my chest but I was ignoring it. When I reached it, I racked my brain. How many times did I jump in my ream till he caught me? Three.. yes! Should be three!

I jumped once;

Apple not reaching me. Where is Fang?

I jumped again;

Still not reaching me

Fang! Im helpless here!!

I jumped once again;

The apple fell onto my head.

‘Bonk!’ the apple slapped my head as it fell into the arms of..

Mona

Mona freaking Hanes

It did not take any time for me to pounce onto her and she fell into the mud with me and I started to beat her and she was beating me back too.

An hour later or so, we both rested in between the mud while Fang was somewhere starting a fire.

I started, “Why did you help me?” She let out what was like an annoyed sigh and replied, “How long will this go on?  Why do you always need help? Why are you always weak?”

And I was baffled. I mean.. I get scared easily and need help and I am cowardly..

“How long?” she continued. She sat up straight and looked at me straight in the eye and said, “You cannot run away from them three forever you know. You can’t expect Fang to save you all the time you know." And for the first time, I agreed with Mona’s words.

How long will I keep running away? I can’t be scared because of Glitter. She should also realise that she should not fear the three. They might be rich, rude and tough but neither am I weak.

I really though it was time I show people me. Not be afraid to like Fang. Not to be afraid to tell those three to scram and not be scared of anyone. Of anyone.

I sat up and smiled at Mona. She was such a smart apple pie at times (and don’t you dare laugh at my comparison. Apples are smart.) I decided to let Fang know everything about what I feel towards him and get the hell out from this area.

Mona and I just sat laying in the sun together whole afternoon. We roasted apples and we cracked jokes. I never had such fun. Maybe I never did have friends who were fun. I only received weirdos like me for friends anyway. Mona was bright, cheerful and I knew that I had judged the poor girl wrongly.

 And for the weltering sun, we patched up big banana leaves for shade and ate. It was a rare period when I never thought of Fang one bit.

Before anyone knew, the evening sun was setting down the horizon, probably pillow-fight time at school. And big detention for Principal Hanes when we return. But I know that we will return before the farewell party. I need it.

 Soon after, we were laughing when we heard Fang shout, “Ladies, Good news!” we both had a crease of worry but at the same time did we scramble up and dashed towards him. We met up with Fang who said, “I know where we will camp our fire tonight.” And she stretched out a shrub, revealing the… desert.

Day 6:

Almost Pass