October 28 [Rewritten Once]

October 28th 2550

Third day of hostel was horrible! Some girls were screaming outside the room alley and I could hear them getting louder and louder. Petrified about what it was, I covered my blanket over my head. My heart was beating so loud that I was sure that the whole world was able to hear and sweat covered my face like a second mask, covering my identity to the world around me. I gripped the edges of my blanket so tightly that my knuckles were white and the fragile material was at the verge of being torn apart; just like the situation I was going to face inevitably.

Suddenly, I could hear our hostel room door crash open and Glitter screaming. I gulped and then closed my eyes in an attempt to block all noises around me and to calm my racing heartbeat. Soon enough, my blanket was peeled away from me and the first thing I felt was the cool air of the open atmosphere against me sweaty skin, dropping my body temperature and cooled the warm skin of mine. I cracked my eyes open cautiously to see Tracy with her well known friend, Lauren and their nasty gang glaring at me.

If looks could kill, I would have withered there and then. I was stupefied. Why were they after me? I begged my innerself, hoping I had not make any mistake again that would have caused to upset those girls.

Lauren grabbed my hair, making each and every strand receive pain and my scalp to have a burning sensation that felt like my skin was tearing apart and pulled me out of my bed, which made me start screaming but by then my mouth was covered, restraining my voice from slipping out. It was a natural reaction, I was shrieking and attempting to slip off from her hand but it was just too tenacious. I could bet a hundred pebs but this was not something ubiquitous. Hot tears were pricking my eyes like needles and in no time I was crying, while being pulled down the hostel corridor. Things were in a blur in front of me. Though I recalled students exiting their rooms in curiosity to know what was all the hullabaloo about and all eyes were on me.

Most were aphonic although there were some murmuring in hushed tones, attempting to predict what had happened which had caused the situation to go out of control. The gossip rang in my ears torturously.

Not a single student stepped forward to assist, all stood riveted to the spot, their protruding eyes supervening me. The grip was so robust that I could feel my veins being blocked. Thoughts raged war in my head as I was racking my brain to find the cause of all this. But only one word was fluttering about in my mind like a never-ending movie, “Why?”

They dragged me across the carpeted floor with vengeance, the friction produced gave an agonisingly stinging sensation to my back as I wailed helpless cries which would only echo across the hall and return back into my ears like a boomerang, teasing me a how helpless my situation was and how no human throughout the school had a voluntary initiative to help me pity soul.

 Out of the blue, Tracy gave a crisp shove to my back and I realized I was outside a dark pit. The Adversary rained kicks all over my body. On the contrary, I heard Glitter’s disconsolate voice faltering and fell into the gully with a thud which made me feel as if my bones were shaking off their sockets.

I felt the cold and muddy soil beneath my chest, and there I lay, all thoughts obliterated, my breath laboured and I felt like falling into a pit of absolute darkness and icy silence.    

I was bought back to the real world when the chilling feeling of cold ice water came in contact with my cheeks and I lifted my heavy eyelids in slow motion. Glitter and Fairy were in front as a sigh of relief swooped across their faces like a gust of wind.

 I looked around me, I thanked god as it was the hostel room and Fairy helped my up. Our fourth roommate, Terra advanced towards me with some warm water in a bowl which were in her hands. She dampened a piece of cotton into it and gently pressed it on my right arm which gave me an excruciating pain. I was at the verge of screaming when Glitter comfortingly touched my back and it calmed me down almost instantly.

“What had happened?”  I asked, puzzled. I could not grasp the complexity of the current situation and had a thirst to understand what was actually going on.

But instead, Fairy gripped my shoulder and cautiously laid me down on the bed and responded in a tone as soft and silky as a feather, “Don’t stress on this now.” and I closed my eyes, thanking my lucky stars that there was no college the next day.

Even though there was extra homework, it was a holiday the next day.