November 16

16th November 2550

I locked myself in the bathroom, I don’t know why but just did. Somehow, Glitter managed to enter and sat beside me. I smiled at her weakly, still shuddering at the conversation. It had cut me really deeply. Glitter broke the absurd silence, “Thanks.. Trina.” I turned to her. Her eyes were pricking at the moment and huddled closer. I hugged her and whispered in her ear, realising my voice was really hoarse, “I-Its no biggie. You risked something big to save me from ruining my life. I owe you a lot and what I have done is not enough.” We broke the hug and she laughed, a bit pale still but it seemed she was finding happiness after so many days and replied, “You have done something big to choose my useless brother in front of everyone.” I smiled at her statement. It had been a long time since I had a normal conversation with Glitter. But I hunched forward and asked, “Who did Terra and Fairy hook up at?” Glitter replied, “Terra hooked up to Helia and Fairy to Valtor. Fairy recently broke up with him, so that why she is drinking so much these days.” That when it struck me, no wonder Fairy cringed at the idea of me going to Valtor’s party with him. And whom Terra was talking to. She was talking to Helia that time.. no wonder she was at the verge of crying.

Even though I was starting to see the whole picture, I realised how much I have missed and was thinking no one knew a thing about me. I guess everyone was aware of everything except me and that must be the reason why Trever asked me the weird relationship question that time. People were acting weird to me because they knew what they were doing but I did not.

We were alone, with Terra and Fairy missing mysteriously. Then, we did not talk, we slumped back to the bathroom wall and just stared at a random angle. We were at that awkward unsocial position until there was a knock at the door. Obvious that the door cannot break, so we had to open or they had to enter with their room key. I strutted to the door, Glitter not far behind. When I opened it, I was gobsmacked to see Fang standing there, with a goofy grin and a bag of groceries in his hand. Wait, how did he enter too? And why was he carrying a bag of groceries? The siblings are up to something..hmm

Glitter exclaimed, “Bro! How did you enter? And whats that?” as she pointed to the bag in his hand. Maybe he is planning something…hmm. Fang responded, “To light up a little, we shall do some baking. Cheesecake anyone?” We stood staring at him then at the same time, we nodded. I would use some cheesecake to light up the awkward silence me and Glitter just had. As we made our way to the kitchen, Glitter repeated her question, “So, how did you enter the hostel? I thought boys were not allowed?” Fang replied with a soft chuckle, “Actually the three boys destroyed the forcefield a long time ago. So, no boys have problem.” Oh.. that explains everything. When we headed to the kitchen, Fang kept the big bag on the counter. Then, it struck me.

“Guys.. for your information and caution, I am a jinx to the kitchen. I cook horribly.. and guess what? I do not know how to cook at all!” Glitter assured me, “No worries, you will be fine. Fang is good at baking.” “You cook?” that was instantly shot from my mouth. Fang replied, blushing, “Um.. yah, I do.” Glitter teased along while slapping the back of her brother, “Don’t blush. There is nothing to blush about.”

They plucked out the ingredients; Cracker crumbs, sugar, butter, vanilla, cream cheese and eggs. I gulped. I seriously did not want to screw up with food after the tea incident the reason why my grandmother’s oven blasted a year ago. Glitter plucked out a pan and started pressing sugar and melted butter on the pan firmly while Fang added vanilla, cream cheese and sugar in a bowl. Later, Fang instructed me while placing an electric egg beater in my hands, “Trina, why don’t you mix the items, I will break the eggs and come.” And he walked towards the eggs on the counter. I gulped. I should not blast this too. I did not know the on button but when I saw the green button, I pressed it. Suddenly, the beater started spinning and I shrieked before placing it in the bowl. The moment I did that, the bowl slipped off my hands and the cream cheese layered beater started moving about on the counter, cracking some tiles. Glitter assisted by pulling me away and Fang flipped the switch which belonged to the beater on the socket, switching off the beater. The bowl was broken and all its ingredients ate the floor hungrily, maximizing the coverage space. I looked at it wide eyed and shot an apologetic look to Glitter and Fang. They just smiled and Glitter started cleaning the mess while Fang made another bowl. Jeez, they were really kind to forgive me, unlike my grandmother, who made me mow the garden without using my powers for a week. Gosh, it was an unfortunate event and I never cooked at anyone’s house again.

Once they were done, Glitter said, “Its ok, Trina. And Fang! Why didn’t you ask Trina if she knew how to use the beater or not before handing it to her?” He hung his head low and apologised, “Sorry sis.” “Its totally fine!” I said. Glitter then enquired, “I am sure you are able to crack open the eggs. Can you?” “Uh.. Sure” I replied before making my way to the eggs. I looked at the counter. I had to crack open 2 eggs and there I saw 2 eggs with a bowl beside it. I took an egg and I pressed it, only to find my thumb at the other side of the egg. So, practically, my whole thumb went through the egg. Luckily, Fang was busy mixing the cream cheese thing and Glitter was spreading the crumbs on the pan evenly. I took the other egg after discarding the previous one and this time I hit it against the bowl.

‘SPLASH!’ the whole egg exploded, it contents splashing onto me as I stepped back. Did I mention the bowl cracked as well. I stared wide eyed at the mess as a vexed Glitter slapped her forehead. I wanted to open my mouth when she shut me up, “What do you basically know how to do?” “I-I” was all I could come up with. I felt Fang’s palm pat my shoulder, which calmed my nerves. He said, “Glitter, just make her in charge of pouring the mix into the pan.” Glitter nodded her head and instructed, “While we do the mix, your in charge of the mess.”  I reacted, placing the edge of my palm on my forehead and stamped my foot, “Aye, Aye Captain.” And luckily, I did not do anything wrong while cleaning the mess(except when the cloth accidently fell into Terra’s bag… shush). I did not even bother to clean up.. bad bad Trina. Later, when the mix was ready, I carefully took the bowl and started pouring the content. Glitter and Fang were supervising me as I did so. Suddenly, the bowl slipped off my hands and half the mix was all over the floor and the other half was in the pan on top of the crumbs. I gulped hard. Fang’s mouth was agape while Glitter stood still. I guess the never saw a person as clumsy as me. hehe. Hey! What was so ‘hehe’ about? Hmm..

It took them one complete minute to recover. Then, before I knew it, Glitter was dragging me out of the kitchen while chiding, “Man! You don’t touch the kitchen again!” She sat me down at the other side of the room and handed me a spoon. She warned, “I’ll be back with the cheesecake. Do not even move. Stay here. And don’t break the spoon.I am begging you!” I  nodded in fear. Darn, she can be intimidating at times. Later on, when she returned back with Fang, she found me lying on the floor with a broken spoon as embarrassment gushed on my face.

What had actually happen was that I was playing ‘sword fighting’ with my imaginary friend (who did not exist.. duh) and the spoon was my ‘sword’. So as I was ‘fighting’ with him, I pretended that he was winning and turned my wrist to let the spoon fall, but instead, I turned it the wrong way and the spoon came whacking into me. By the time I knew what was going on, I was lying on the floor, with the spoon broken into halves beside me and the siblings had to come out at that moment.

So, Fang was looking at me as he arched an eyebrow while Glitter let out a sigh of annoyance. As we were eating the cheesecake, I was devouring it. It was simply heavenly and I totally loved the crunch and softness it had at the same time. Even with the kitchen demon’s (Me) presence, such delectable food could be made. I take that as my own personal touch (sorry Fang).

The day had been bit more lighter because all I wanted to do was forget everything which happened the previous day. It was haunting me pretty badly.