☆Do or Die Chapter 6

Chapter Six: Blood, sweat, and tears...

Its been almost three months now. Three months full of blood sweat and tears. I've made it this far. Hopefully I'll make it the rest of the way. Just thinking that in three months, I'll get to go home and see my family. Savannah will have the baby and life will be great. Everyone so far is good. Paige got shot in the shoulder but she's okay now. Andrew is completely fine, no cuts, no shots, no nothing.

Right now its night time so we are all just sitting around. Others doing things like, helping the wounded ones or supplying food. Some guns shots are heard somewhere putting everyone on alert. I kinda groan because I really wanted to rest for a while. Everyone starts looking out then another gun shot is heard. One of the snipers shoot out and a grunt is heard.

Welp, there's that person gone. We rush over to where the first gun shots were heard and I feel sick to my stomach at the sight of Reese, dead on the ground. He was the first friend I made when we came here. Also the one who told me that people rarely die. Now I'm starting to freak out. If he is dead, what does that mean for the rest of us? Will I die soon to? Was what he said all a lie?

Is there someone behind me to kill me right now? I turned around and closed my eyes to try and calm my breathing. Just picture happy things like Savannah and Bryce, I tell myself. Happy thoughts, happy thoughts, happy- oh who am I kidding that's not gonna work!

“Zack calm down. Come on, we gotta head out,” I heard Andrew say and I opened my eyes. I swallowed hard and nodded at him.

“Okay. I think I can do this. Let's go,” I said and started walking off with the other people.

I hope I can do this.

★☆★☆★

I've made it through four months. Four long hard months. Four miserable months. Four terrible months. I've made it through it all. Thank the heavens. Oh yeah and guess what? Paige is actually starting to warm up to Andrew. It's so adorable how those two will go back and forth then Andrew will say something to make her blush and so on.

Hopefully Bryce will have a new aunt soon enough. It's day time and right now I'm out of breath, sitting behind a...... I don't even know what this thing is! All I know is that its keeping the bullets from hitting me. Andrew ran up and sat beside me, also out of breath.

“Bro we really shouldn't have tried to follow in dads footsteps,” He said, taking heavy breaths and I nodded.

“Remind me to tell Bryce not to do this when we get back,” I said to my brother.

“Yeah okay,” He said then got up again. I guess I should do the same. I got up and started shooting at whoever I saw that is not on my side. I threw a grenade over and a bunch of people blew up and I laughed as body parts flew through the air. That will never get old. Wow I'm violent.

“Fall back!” Someone called out and the enemy team started backing up so we pushed forward. They always get away. Not this time though. I saw some guys in the distant and pulled the trigger on my gun. I started shooting a lot more guys and smiled at myself. I'm actually doing pretty good. I kept on shooting then felt pain in my stomach. I clutched my side then there's another pain in my shoulder. This time I fell back onto the ground.

“Zack!” Andrew shouted and ran up to me. I realized what the pain was and freaked out. I lifted my hand from my stomach and saw the blood as Andrew kneeled beside me.