☆Do or Die Chapter 3

Chapter Three: I miss you daddy...

It's nine thirty right now and I turned on my laptop. I opened up Skype and plugged in my head phones. I called Savannah and she answered a few seconds later. I smiled at the sight of her and she smiled back.

"Hi baby," She said.

"Hey my love. Where's Bryce?" I asked then I saw Bryce in the back running towards Savannah.

"Daddy!" He shouted and Savannah picked him up.

"Hey buddy!" I said and realized how much I miss them.

"I miss you daddy. When are you coming back?" He asked making my heart melt.

"I miss you too Bryson. Don't worry I'll be back before you know it okay?" I told him and he nodded with a grin on his face.

"Has he been any trouble babe?"

"Zack you've only been gone for a day. He's fine, I'm fine. You worry too much love," Savannah said and I sighed.

"I know it's just, I'm not there for you when you need me the most and I just don't want you to be stressed," I said and she nodded.

"I know. If Bryce starts acting up I promise I'll tell you," She said. Andrew came and sat by me and took one of my headphones.

"Uncle Drew!" Bryson shouted and Andrew chuckled.

"Hey little man! Hey Savannah how are you two?" He asked.

"Hey Drew we're good, how are you?" Savannah asked him.

"I'm good. I might've found Bryce an aunt," He said and winked at Paige in which she rolled her eyes and looked away while blushing. Savannah and I both shook our heads at him.

"Ya know some days I fear you will die alone," Savannah said and I laughed.

"Hey! That's not cool! I won't die alone I'll probably have an animal or some kid who will mourn me forever," He said.

"Forever is a long time. Then again it could be short if we die because then forever is over so forever isn't forever its just until death. At least I think it is," Aiden said and I stared at him in awe at how stupid he is.

"Who and what was that?" Savannah asked.

"That was Aiden. The twenty-seven year old idiot with more than ten screws lose," Andrew said and I slapped him on the head.

"Thanks Zack because I was gonna tackle him," Paige said and I nodded.

"I'm guessing that's Paige that said that," Savannah guessed and I continue to nod.

"Yup. Ya know she kind of looks like Sophie Turner from the new X men," I said and Paige glared at me.

"Oh yeah she kinda does look like her," Andrew said, tilting his head and squinting at Paige.

"Of course you would both think that you're brothers," Savannah said, shaking her head. We both just smiled and shrugged.

"I have to go now. We're supposed to be training tomorrow, Love you," I said.

"Okay love you too. Bryson say bye to daddy and uncle Drew."

"Okay! Bye daddy I love you!" Bryce said and smiled brightly. I smiled back.

"I love you too, buddy."

"Bye bye, uncle Drew!" Bryce said, smiling at Drew.

"Bye little man, be good for you mother, I love you," Drew said.

"Okay, I love you too!" Bryce said and ran off. Andrew and I laughed at Bryce.

"Goodnight babe, stay safe I love you," Savannah said after we stopped laughing.

"Okay I will, love you too," I said and ended the Skype call. I closed my laptop and put it away then laid back on my bed holding the necklace Savannah gave me close to my heart. I slowly fell asleep, thinking about my family.

★☆★☆★

I woke up to the sound of a horn and nearly fell off the bed. I calmed my breathing and got up to get dressed. I changed into the army pants they made everyone wear and a white shirt and put on my dog tags and the necklace of Bryce and Savannah.

I put the necklace of Bryce and Savannah inside my shirt and started to put on my boots. Once that was done I grabbed my aviators and walked outside with everyone else. We walked to the cafeteria and sat at the same table from last time.

"So does anyone know what's going on?" Andrew asked, and everyone just shook their head.

"I do!" Aiden shouted. Wow, I guess he actually is useful for something.

"The aliens are attacking from outer space we need to get to the chopper!" He said and Andrew banged his head on the table. Never mind. He is still useless. It didn't take them long to give us food this time, but it was worse than dinner. We had either an apple or a banana and milk.

It wasn't even white milk it was chocolate. Who eats just this for breakfast and is completely fine with that?! Well it might be fine for some people but not me! They are trying to kill us out here forget about the enemies on the other side of Afghanistan these people aren't feeding us enough.

Okay let me stop ranting what did I expect this is the military. Kinda like a tough love thing they got going on. The military is never soft on you its like the dad of your girlfriend that you always wanted to impress but never seemed to get a smile out of him until after the wedding! Its like damn I would've married her a long time ago if I knew that!

Wait, I'm ranting again..... Dammit. Oh well. I tried not to rant. Its not my fault the military gives out bad food. After a while we finished our food and the general came in.

"Alright listen up! Today we start training. First, you will train in an obstacle course made extremely hard so if you don't want to be killed out there, I suggest you make it past half way. Secondly, you will practice at the shooting range. Don't shoot anyone, and we will be fine. Finally, you will be working as a group with your roommates, to try and disarm bombs. Do not worry, they are fake so when the time runs out it just tells you, you failed. Now get out there, and train!" He said. I groaned and got up with everyone else.

This is going to be reeaally long day...

============================================================
Weirdo for life! ♥
Stay Awesome! ✌
1080 words.