☆Do or Die Chapter 1

Chapter One: Don't say goodbye...

I load up my last bag in the the jeep, and let out a breath. That was a heavy bag! I turn back to the house, and see my wife walking out with my little boy in her arms. The two - or should I say three - people I love so dearly in this world.

"I'm all ready to go babe," I said, when she walked up to me.

"Zack do you really have to go? I'll miss you too much," She said, as her eyes tear up, and I engulfed her, and my son in a tight hug.

"I'll miss you too but, I have to go Savannah. You know that. I'll miss you too little man," I said, ruffling Brysons hair.

"I'll miss you more daddy," He said with a frown, when I held him in my arms.

"Be a good boy for mommy okay? I don't want her to be stressed out before your little sister gets here okay?" I reminded him and he nodded. I smiled and put him down. I looked back to Savannah, and wiped a tear that fell with my thumb.

"I guess this is goodbye," I said. Savannah shook her head and cried more.

"Don't say goodbye... That means I'll never see you again."

"Don't say that. You will see me again. I'll be here in six months. I'll see you later okay?" I said, giving her another hug.

"Okay. I love you," She said, looking up at me.

"I love you too," I said, and kissed her. I'm gonna miss her and Bryson so much. I'll miss Bryson, and his big brown eyes and his curly hair that we can never straighten. I'll miss Savannahs bright blue eyes that I could drown in. Savannah pulls back, and hugs me tightly again.

"Yo! Z! We gotta go! C'mon!" Andrew - my brother - called out to me. I let go of Savannah, and gave Bryson a hug then walked over to the car and got in. I looked out the mirror, and waved to my family as Andrew turned on the car and drove off.

I watched them get smaller, and smaller in the mirror, until I couldn't see them anymore. Today is the beginning of six long months of fighting. Six months of no kids, six months of no Savannah. I sighed and wiped a tear that fell.

"Don't worry bro we will make it back. You'll see your daughter and I'll see my niece," Andrew said, and I nodded. I will be back. I cannot not come home, and leave Savannah to raise a five year old, and a new born by herself. That's just not an option.

★☆★☆★

Once we reached the base and loaded up all the bags into the c5 - one of the biggest air crafts there is - we all got on the plane. Once we all strapped into our seats, the general came in.

"Alright boys, today is the day. Today is the day where we leave our loved ones behind, and create history. Today every single one of you in here will become strong men, and women of the army, and will fight for your lives. I hope you can all take a bullet, because there will be some blood shed during this." I gulped hard when he said that, and almost started sweating.

"Now, who is ready to fight?" He asked, and everyone screamed.

"Alright now prepare for take off! We got a long ass flight ahead of us," He said sitting in his seat, and the plane starts up. The engines roar louder, and louder then we start to move. The plane starts to shake from all the power being blown through the engine, and jets then, we take off up into the air.

I took out the necklace Savannah gave me a day ago, and opened it. I saw the picture of all of us on one side, and the other side is just Bryson, and her. I caressed my thumb over the pictures, and sighed.

"That your family?" A guy asked, and I looked to my right to see a black dude looking back at me. I nodded, and he showed me a picture of three kids with their mother.

"That's mine. Two boys and a girl," He said, and I nodded again.

"I'm Zack," I said, putting my hand out.

"Names Reese," He said, shaking my hand.

"So how long have you been in?" Reese asked.

"Lets see Brysons almost five so I've been in for about six years," I told him.

"I've been in since I was nineteen. That's when Alice was born. I'm twenty seven now so I've been in for eight years," Reese said, and I nodded.

"Have you been on other deployments before?" I asked.

"I've been on tons of deployments. Don't worry about not making it back. We haven't had someone not make it back since two years ago," He said, and I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding.

"Okay, well I'm gonna try and get some sleep," I said, putting the necklace back into my pocket and closing my eyes.

This is gonna be one heck of a flight...

============================================================================
A/n
Hi! This is the first chapter to a new series of books I'm doing. I'm not telling the names of the other books but once this is finished book two will be up. I don't know how often I'll update this one.

I hope you enjoyed this first chapter! I know its short but the next one will be longer. Also I'm trying out a new way to write so I hope you guys like it. If you liked this chapter please vote and comment!

Don't be a silent reader because I'll be needing some feed back on this one lol. Thanks for reading and I hope you will like the next chapter when its posted!

I'll see you next time my weirdos! Bye!
Stay Awesome! ✌
1000 words. ♥