Chapter 15

It was the next day and I was sneaking through the halls in a silent motion. I set my eyes on my prey before preparing to attack. A low growl escaped my lips before I pounced. Landing on the soft quilt, I began jumping around and prodding Sebastian. He groaned underneath the blanket.

"I wanna go to Seabreeze amusement park!" I called like a child. I didn't care about my immaturity. I wanted to go and that was final. Sebastian peeked at me through the blanket. "Fine, fine. Just get off of me. We'll go tonight."

I screeched like an animal before running away to search for something to wear for the night ahead.

. . . .

Excitement filled me and the entire day was practically torture having to wait. But when the time finally came around, I was more than ready. The entire day, I paced like a caged animal. I did manage to plant my flowers in the back yard and they looked beautiful. I also remembered to visit Sandra and we went out for coffee. I had made one friend, an accomplishment that I was mighty proud of.

Sandra was very interesting. She was quirky and strange but in all of the right ways. I also loved the fact that she didn't care that I looked the way I did. It was a healthy, normal relationship. That was something I lacked in my life.

I had my hair in a loose ponytail with a few strands framing my face. I was wearing black shorts with black lace detailing and a midnight blue off the shoulder top. Sebastian went with a easier outfit; jeans and a t-shirt. His messy dark brown hair was lazily combed. Whatever, I just wanted to go to Seabreeze. I could care less if he looked as if he just woke up.

I was practically vibrating in my seat as we drove. Sebastian would send me an amused look every now and then. As the sun set and the night brought the summer warmth, I could see the towering roller coasters and bright lights. A few balloons floated to the heavens and playful screams were heard. I have never been to an amusement park before but I was more than excited to go, obviously.

The parking lot was packed full of teenagers and families on their summer vacation. When Sebastian finally found a parking space, I was already out of the car. "Have you really never been to an amusement park before?" He asked, his head tilted to the side. I shook my head before reaching to his hand, pulling him forward. He was walking slow on purpose, just knowing that I wanted to go more than I wanted to breathe. In the moment, I finally felt like a teenager and rightfully so. I never got to have fun, or be young and I finally got a chance.

Crowds of other people made their way to the entrance to buy tickets, just like we were. Sebastian towered beside me, making me look small. I didn't mind, because he looked intimidating and people wouldn't bother us. We stood in the line of loud, noisy people as I looked around. The large, freshly paved parking lot was in front of the entrance. Three large ticket booths with three gates leading into the park were all I could really see at this point. The ticket booths were a pale blue, like many other buildings here. Trash littered the ground from people dropping their old tickets, or food wrappers. I felt apart of the crowd for once, no one seemed to notice me. Even Sebastian didn't receive too many glances.

I smelt grease and fast food and sweat and many other unfamiliar smells. I didn't mind though, I was just prepared to enjoy myself. I wasn't too sure what kind of things went on at an amusement park, but I would soon find out. I was waiting for what seemed like forever until Sebastian and I walked up to the ticket booth. We both got our wrist bands on and we had hours of free rides. As soon as Sebastian had his band on, I skipped to the gate and entered.

I saw a roller coaster towering high and a ferris wheel too. Many people were walking down the path to where the rides were and few were leaving. Sebastian caught up with me and smiled down at me. "You're going to make yourself sick on all of those rides." Maybe I was. I didn't mind. I just hoped he could keep up.