Chapter 34

It was one, long and sharp moment of pain before everything seemed to blur together. Every muscle in my body tensed, every hair on my body stood to attention. My hands shook and I couldn't breathe.

I needed to leave the room. Suddenly, all emotions flooded from my body and I felt on top of the world. I felt like I could run a marathon, and then another and another and another. I stood to my feet, then sprinted from the room, sloshing the puddles of blood as I ran. I nearly slipped along the floor, but I simply kept moving forward.

My body just kept pulsing with power that was rolling through me like waves. My feet felt light, and my heart and head even lighter than that.

I was twisting and turning down empty corridors, my body healing at a rapid pace with each step I took. Power rushed to my hands once more as I felt the bones in my wrists reconnect. My ribs pulled together and the cracks in them sealed.

Then I group of them were suddenly in front of me. They hadn't even noticed, in fact they were all talking in a circle. The scum that worked for Union. If Daniel died for the cause, they had no purpose breathing either.

I flicked my wrists upwards and about 6 guards slammed into the ceiling that I now noticed was wooden support boards, for an under ground tunnel. The entire place I was now trapped was under ground the battlefield. It made sense.

My attention was back on the guards, as their limp bodies fell to the ground. Their necks snapped immediately when I slammed their heads into the roof. I stepped over the pile of broken bones and continued on. I breathed in deeply, then an image flashed through my mind. I don't know how, but I could sense the exit.

I ran faster than I ever had before, leaping and turning corners until I saw a metal door, sealing off the tunnel from the outside. I slammed the door open mentally and I was greeted with the sight of a ladder, and natural lighting from above.

I didn't even climb the ladder fully, I mostly just willed myself to float upwards. When I reached the top, I had to duck out of the way of a flying axe. I was in the outskirts of the building, surrounded by trees. It had grown dark as night had fallen, but the war had not ceased. It seemed that the word of Pierce's death had not been alerted to the others.

I slipped through the darkness, towards the bright flashes of fire by the main battle ground. I didn't hear any voices, though I knew they were calling out to me. Some allies who had recognized me, I suppose.

The next thing I knew, I was surrounded by Union guards, sending bullets ripping through the air at me. I ducked and rolled, as I felt time slow and with a round house kick, a tidal wave of invisible force knocked back the masked guards into a pile of bodies.

I felt someone approach me from behind, who had enemy scent all over them. I quickly bent over and slide my hidden knife out of the ankle holster that hadn't been taken from me. My beautiful gun had been taken, as well as my chain armour but my other hidden weapons were still intact.

I unsheathed my knife and slit the guards through that was about to hit me. It all happened so fast and his body fell to the ground. I couldn't feel the blood my hands were covered in.

I ran through the open field, before anymore guard could catch up to me. I could see the real battle approaching quickly, and I was ready to help fight. I had an unquenchable blood lust that I needed to subside. I couldn't process and emotion, just the drugs running through me.

Suddenly, a series of landmines stopped me from crossing the rest of the distance to the battlegrounds. I almost laughed at the attempt to stop me. I simply willed myself over them.

And then I was apart of the madness, fighting along side my people. I was showered with blood at all angles as I slashed throats and stabbed hearts of the guards quickly surrounding me. When too many of them where in front of me, I simply knocked them back with my telekinesis. I could hear voices and yelling surrounding me from all angles, voices that were familiar. But I couldn't hear them.