Chapter 3

Daniel's POV:

Three hours of intense fighting and battles, I had grown tired. I had killed 20 something men but it wasn't enough. I wanted Pierce and Bane dead. They were the ones who fueled my anger and hatred. They were the ones who killed my parents. I would get revenge when those bastards came out of hiding.

I was soaked in blood and panting with exhaustion. Most of the sticky liquid wasn't my own, and though I had a deep thirst and desire for the purest blood, I would not dare drink the blood of my enemies. My brothers had a feast, they had lower standards then I. But I didn't stop. I fought dirty and killed guards and any one who was not here for revenge. It all happened in a flash of red fury. My senses were hyperactive and my blood lust needed to be fulfilled. Nothing felt better then seeing the life leave someones eyes as they begged me for mercy.

I was so thirsty. The back of my throat was burning and the tips of my fangs were piercing my gums. I couldn't hold back. I followed the sent of pure blood. It was delicious and sweet. I wanted her. Then 50 meters from me, I saw the beautiful creature. Her hair as white as fresh snow. Her skin like porcelain. Her blood was calling to me. The small woman was familiar but I could not think during my blood lust. I had to feed my desperate need. In mere seconds I grabbed the female from behind. She was in the middle of fighting off one of my men. I took her long, silky hair and moved it aside. My hands gripped her still and at first she didn't fight me. But when my mouth cupped her neck, and my fangs broke her tender flesh, she began thrashing around. Her skin was cold and her hands tried to freeze me. But her attempts were useless. I drank her sweet blood and moaned at its purity. This worthless body carried the best drink I as a vampire have ever tasted.

I was soothed into calmness as I drank from her. She stopped moving and I knew I was drinking her dry. But I couldn't stop. Suddenly, I was thrown off of her. The girl fell to the ground and I realized what I was doing. I hardly felt guilty anymore though. After all of the years of using and drinking people like this, it toughens your skin. I steadied myself. I felt much better and no longer angry. Power radiated off of me and I could tell that the people around me felt it too.

"Daniel! What the fuck are you doing?" My brothers voice called to me. I turned to see an angry Zaine staring at me as if I were a monster. I shrugged my shoulders and walked away from the fallen girl. I need to eat and this was the only way I could live. "This wasn't the plan. We were supposed to get Arianna, make sure she is fine and then kill Bane and Pierce-" I cut off Zaine. I didn't need to hear him finish. "Screw the plan."

The look Zaine gave me told me that we were done here. I was not satisfied in the least. But my wounds would have long ago killed a human. I looked like a mess but I didn't feel any of it. Zaine called to Marcus and told him to alert all of our people that Bane and Pierce would be killed on sight. They were also told to go to the third safe spot once they had enough.

"Where's Arianna?" Some kid asked me. I shrugged my shoulders and kept walking. The annoying kid followed me. "I thought you came here for her." He said as he matched my stride. I stopped walking to look down at him. His simple questions were getting on my nerves. "Yes, well she's fine. She is probably at the safe house." And with that I kept walking. The kid didn't move however as I made my way through the masses of fighting people. "Probably?" He called.

I hated having to step over all of the fallen bodies. It was irritating. But eventually I made it to my parked truck and I jumped into the passenger seat. Zaine was already sitting in the drivers seat. He didn't waste much time driving away. I could see how angry he was but I didn't care too much. Zaine was mostly silent as he drove down the dirt road. But then he turned his head to look at me. "Don't you even care about her?" His voice was softer then I had expected it to be. I chuckled a bit, though my laugh held no humor. Zaine was being selfish. "Don't you even care about our parents?" I shot back at him. Hurt was plastered over his face. "I do care. I care a lot. But you know what Daniel? I can't change what happened and neither can you." His voice was more stern this time, just like an older brother's voice should be. But he was weaker then me, by showing his emotions like that.