~ Kisses in the Smoke ~

New chapter, yay!!!

"What is this anyway?" Grey asks as he passes me a dinner to put in the freezer. He'd insisted on following me home after what happened in the store although I haven't yet told him exactly what that was.

"It's food."

"Yes but, nevermind I have another question."

"Shoot."

"What happened in the food store? What did you see?" Closing the freezer I shift his way preparing to tell him.

"You're going to think I'm crazy." I chicken out shaking my head and walking past only to have him grip my arm and place me in front of him.

"No I'm not, remember there's an explanation for everything Cy; we can't just write people off as crazy because it's something we haven't experienced." Concern is in his eyes swirling like a Van Gogh painting.

"The aisle was dark."

"Huh?"

"One minute the lights were on and the store was busy and the next minute it was pitch black and quiet. The aisle was elongated, stretching on and on and," he raises his eyebrows and nods silently telling me to continue, "and there was a black feather but when I picked it up it turned into a heart with a symbol branded into it."

"Cy, was there anything else?" I stare at him for a few seconds, searching his eyes before I answer.

"There was something on the ceiling looking down at me. Then I saw it again after the cashier turned into something else." He stands there with his finger pressed against his chin eyes rolling from left to right.

"Miss Adner, I have a diagnosis that'll prove you aren't crazy." he puts on an almost serious face.

"What is it doctor?" I begin to fake cry grabbing a nearby napkin and clutching in my hands.

"You may need to sit down for this?"

"Oh god."

"I'm sorry but it appears you have an over imaginative mind, it's incurable." The way he says incurable almost has me bursting with laughter but I keep up my act.

"No!" I cry out before I lose control. I can't stop laughing as I fall into a near by chair. How is he always able to cheer me up?

"I needed that." I look up at his smiling face.

"I know." I smile at him before getting up to finish stuffing the freezer with my only food source. Grey stands behind me with his fingers intertwined in front of him, rocking from heel to toe.

"Come on, let's watch a movie."

"Movie?" He asks from behind me.

"Like The Notebook, Captain America, The Hunger Games, things like that."

"Yes, but which one?"

"Oh, we can pick one out together."

Opening the cabinet in the hallway I point to the shelves containing the movies.

"We've got, 27 Dresses, Big Hero 6, A Bug's Life, just pick one."

"What's this?" He snatches up a movie, examining it.

"Uh, that's Constantine, it scares me."

"What's it about?"

"Demons." I can feel his eyes on me for a few seconds after I turn back to the shelves. I see him in my peripheral vision pushes the movie slowly back between the others.