(12) Ready or Not

Hey guys, I know it's been a while, but my life has changed from the last time I blogged. Not only did I relocate, but I also have a new boyfriend, well almost. I left the States for the Kingdom, trying to figure out who I am without everyone knowing about everything in my life. I quickly made friends with the daughter's of my hosts and my almost boyfriend is the latest and only ex of one of my "sisters" and yeah, nothing else has changed. Besides the fact I haven't talked to my best friends in the states for a while. I feel way too guilty to talk to them. Gladly they have called me in the night, forgetting about the different time zones. Also, I'm going on my first group date with my UK bestie, her sister and her best friend. Wish me luck

XOXO Fray

"Promise!" Phoebe yelled from our room. "Coming!" I yelled, closed my laptop and went back to the room. I like to write my write my blogs in private, so I sat down in the bay window in the hallway. "What?" I asked her. "Hair up or hair down?" She asked, demonstrating it. "Wear it down, looks better and more like date and having fun" I said and looked through my closet. Don't get me wrong, I was nervous about my second date with Jake, but not as nervous as on our first date.

"I think I look perfect" Hanna said, flipping her hair. "Holbrook would also be cool with you coming in sweats" Poppy said as she entered the room. She was wearing a pink dress with a dark blue belt and a bright blue sweater above it. Her blond hair was straight and a small part of it tucked behind her ear. "Mike will love you!" Hanna said, then turned towards me "But I don't think Jake will love you" "Shut up Hanna!" I said and looked into the mirror, standing beside Phoebe "You can't do anything wrong with a pair of ripped jeans, besides, we are going to McDonald's, not Tiffany's" I told her, which did shut her up.

"I'm not over dressed am I?" Phoebe asked worrying. "No Sweetie, you look absolutely perfect" I told her and she hugged me "Thanks for doing this for me. I don't get how you can be so calm about this!" She said. "I'm excited and nervous, trust me. I'm just good at hiding it underneath sarcasm" I said and let go of her. "Can you teach me?" She asked and I laughed "Sweetie, I was born with it and I'm still working on it!"

"Girls" Paula yelled and we looked at each other. "I'm guessing the boys are here" I said, but Poppy held me back "Jake is never on time, not even for a date. Meaning Jonah will be late too!" Poppy went to the door "Who is it?" She yelled downstairs. "A guy called Holbrook" She yelled back. "See you downstairs" Hanna said and rushed downstairs. "Wow... Please don't get like that when you have a boyfriend. Both of you!" Poppy said and we smiled "Never" Phoebe and I said at the same time and hugged Poppy.

About ten minutes later the other guys had arrived. Jake and Jonah fashionable late, although Jonah apologized a thousand times, while Jake said nothing about it. Mike apologized as well. After everything, we all got into Holbrook's care, who was driving since he was the only one that had a driver's license.

"So, how are you all?" Holbrook asked to make the silence go away. "Good" All of us answered, not at the same time, but almost. "I'm lucky to have my girl with me" Jake said and put his arm around me. "Awe" I said and laid my head onto his shoulder. "Why didn't you ask Jesse? I mean, you guys are friends with him" Mike asked and we all looked at him, well all except Holbrook of course or luckily. "Because Jesse is obsessed with me" I answered, not lifting my head. "Also Poppy wanted to go out with you and not Jesse. He's the creepy boy next door" Hanna said. "Shut up Hanna!" Poppy snapped at her and looked at Mike "But it's true, I don't like Jesse like that, but I could like you like that" She told him and Mike looked a little uncomfortable. He wasn't used to get female attention.

"We're here" Holbrook said and parked. We all got out and got a table. We then made a list on what we want. "A cheese for you?" Jake asked, looking at me. "Nope" I said and looked at his face "A veggie burger" I told him and he looked confused "I grew up in a family of vegeterians. I never ate meat, same with my mom and my dad stopped eating it when they had me. My brother was also like my mom and I" I told them. "You know what's funny?" Phoebe asked and I shook my head no "You live with us since weeks and I didn't know that about you, but now that you mention it.. I have never seen you eat meat"

"Well now you know why" I told her with a smile. "Just your family or the rest of the family as well?" Jake asked curious. "Nope, just my mom, dad and brother. My uncles would rather die than to never eat meat again" I told him.

He might have thought it was weird, but to me it made perfectly sense. I don't know it any other way. Not that you understand me wrong, but my parents tried feeding me meat, not just once, but I just didn't like it. My mom told me it was the same with her. She never ate it. They could try feeding it to her, but she would spit it into their faces, but she wouldn't swallow it. They tried feeding it to my brother as well, but he refused to eat it as well.